PDA

View Full Version : what bulbs??

dustinhurley
03-04-2003, 07:33 PM
Of course, one of my PIAA bulbs blew out today. I have PIAA Xtreme white. I accidently stalled my car the other day with the lights on and the power surge fried the low beam on the passenger side. I've had probably 6 pairs of PIAA bulbs, many different styles, over the years. And I've had every set blow out on me. My question is, what kind of bulb should I buy now? I'm thinking Raybrig, which I've had before and didn't blow out. What do you think I should get? Anything new to the market that I don't know about?

S2KplusSI
03-05-2003, 08:06 PM
This is actually the first I've heard of PIAA's blowing out. My friend has a '90 Integra that he's had for 2 years w/PIAA's everywhere, and not one has blown out. Every clear bulb in my Si has a PIAA bulb in it and no blow outs. Oh well, Personally I'd go with a true HID system(Catz, Sylvania). Expensive, but so are Raybrig lights. Raybrigs are good, and HKS just came out with some new Headlight bulbs. Haven't seen them yet, but I hear good things.

jereds02si
03-06-2003, 02:40 PM
friend has a focus and has had 2 sets of piaa bulbs gone out of his car. Friend with mx-6 had right bulb burn out. I'll never go with piaa.

silver ep
03-06-2003, 02:51 PM
Catz are pretty good bulbs from what Ive heard. Im thinking of getting the Catz HID.