PDA

View Full Version : Day with the dealer...

SiR Medic
03-04-2003, 10:41 PM
After some of the horror stories I've seen on this board, I was scared as hell when I had to take the Escape Pod in the dealer today for warrantee work.

The dome light wasn't coming on when I would open the driver's door, even though it would come on with the pass. or the trunk.

Also I was getting mudflaps put on.

They gave me a '88 Accord as a loaner hooptie, and I gotta say, I hope the EP is that good when it reaches 401,000 kms. The loaner had a rough idle, that's it. No squeaks or rattles and the thing had plenty of power.

After getting some errands done, I went back to the dealer. They found that a wire by the shift linkage was not properly crimped at the factory and had come loose.

It took them another hour to reassemble the dash, wash the car, and put the mudflaps on.

Meanwhile, I chatted with the supercute salesperson who sold me the car. had coffee, looked at an Element, and chatted with a nicely modded 'teggy owner who was getting a lock fixed.

All in all... A very painless experience. I didn't even get charged labour for the mudflaps!

:)

Anybody else have a GOOD dealer service experience?

downhil
03-04-2003, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by SiR Medic

Anybody else have a GOOD dealer service experience?

the day i quit selling hondas was a good dealership experience.

Suk02Si
03-04-2003, 10:52 PM
good dealer experience? I've never heard of that:D

When I took my car in for tranny problems last week(no fourth gear) they didn't want to fix it. They looked at the car, jammed hte damn shifter into gear as hard as they could, wrote up a nasty note, and let me go. In the note they said 'Abusive driving, bald tires@7000mi, excessive brake wear and the 'jamming' of the shifter into place was considered a 'Goodwill' fix. So if it happens again they wont fix it, or jam it for that matter.:rolleyes:

cj miller
03-05-2003, 12:24 AM
i went to the dealers becuase i was hearing this nasty squeking sound from my front tires. turns out it was my brakes. they charged me 40 dollars just to tell me that then the wanted 160 to get the brakes fixed. fucking ass muchers i hate that dealership. there just isnt honest people in dealships anymore.

Jpax
03-05-2003, 12:26 AM
4 words

F*CK Honda of Seattle

SiR Medic
03-05-2003, 11:56 AM
Yeesh...

Does anyone else have a GOOD dealer experience?

If not... Why does Honda sell so many cars?

paralysis
03-05-2003, 12:24 PM
I took my car in for the 10,000mi check up and had no problems at all. They did something to the windows so they would roll down better, looked at the junk rear wiper washer thing, changed the oil and rotated the tires. (I had to watch them take them off because I did not want scratches on my rims, I think they had a cover over the socket) two service men went over my car and checked everything. I had the service the same day I called for it. They said it would take 3 hours to do what I wanted done so they put two guys on my car so I got out of there in about an hour and a half. I have bought 2 cars from Jacobs' Twin in Chicago a 00 SI (used) and I traded it back to them for my 02 EP (new) and never had any problems with them at all.

Will2K2
03-05-2003, 01:39 PM
I don't take my cars to the dealer.

I don't want some monkey to open the door while its in the shop and give me a door ding

I also don't want some monkey to bring it out of the shop, park it with the other customers cars and get me a door ding.

I also don't want some monkey to open the door while they bring it onto the hoist and give me a door ding.

If I could be guaranteed that the honda tech would treat it like I do, than I would take it to the dealer.

Otherwise, those monkeys aren't getting their paws on my $25,000 car!!!!!!!!!

f1fever
03-05-2003, 02:08 PM
Hey Medic,
What da hell are you talking about? You get to talk to a cuite for an hour!! By all means this is a good experience! :p

Well, actually, I have a pretty good experience with Mazda dealer. When I was driving the MX-3. I lowered my car with thrid party spring, and you all know it I end up bust up my OEM shocks after a year and the spring would void the warranty on them. Then there was one time I went there for an oil change and I though I got nothing to lose, so I try my luck by telling them the shocks are done (it was still under warranty period of course) They end up change all 4 of them without charge, and no question ask. That why I am pretty happy with them.

King Kang
03-05-2003, 02:58 PM
-Dr Zoidberg (sp?)

You should have put the mudflaps on your car yourself....it takes all of 20 min (if you're really careful about what you're doing.) It's really easy too. You're lucky they didn't charge you. I haven't had any problems taking my cars to dealerships....other than the price. Best advice.....become good friends with a real mechanic. My friend just got a job as a dealership tech (subaru.) His dealership is part of the biggest chain in the south, they sponsor Jeff Gordon and some other famous Nascar drivers. He hooks me up with the fix-ups when I need them.

peace

SiR Medic
03-05-2003, 09:56 PM
I was going to install the flaps myself, but the dealer told me that installation would be included. Also, they gave them to me at a price that was $60 less than that on the honda.ca website.

I didn't complain. Now, if there is any problem with paint rubbing etc, The dealer is on the hook, not me.

As far as getting to know a local mechanic... I know several! Who do you think recomended Honda? I used to work at a local garage/gas station. Got to meet plenty of mechanics there. My old boss' best friend is now service manager at the local Canadian Tire.

So far, I go to the dealer for service because they treat me very well. My car is always washed after they service it. They always have coffee on. I also know that with such a new model of car, the dealer is gonna know more about it than a private garage. Dealer servicing also helps resale value.

I also get to see the cute saleslady!;)