PDA

View Full Version : CTR KIT = the here. .. . .

Type X
03-05-2003, 03:58 PM
After having some shitty local branch of the freight company delivering the kit from (NJ dept = lazy asses)

www.showstoppersusa.com
CHUCK = AWESOME

it finally arrived today

i will have some pix up a little later tonight
if not tonight than tomorrow BEFORE i drop it at the shop for PAINT :cool: :cool: :cool:

so after the pics the next ones u see will be of the car 100% completed ;):confused:

me = happy boy

HondaMan
03-05-2003, 04:06 PM
Congrats bro! :D

fishboy
03-05-2003, 04:11 PM
you sir are my hero. congrats on getting all the pieces and almost being done.

Type X
03-05-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by fishboy
you sir are my hero. congrats on getting all the pieces and almost being done.

here are some bedroom spy shots ;)

http://a1.cpimg.com/image/59/13/17023321-ea8e-014000F0-.jpg

http://a6.cpimg.com/image/5E/13/17023326-398d-014000F0-.jpg

and lastly rear black bumpe with white lip

all being repainted USDM white ;)

http://a2.cpimg.com/image/64/13/17023332-350a-014000F0-.jpg

skirt pix i didnt post cause i got them in november :)

ssvr6
03-05-2003, 04:24 PM
TypeX- Well document it, I'd like to use some of the before and after pics if you don't mind.

Steve

Type X
03-05-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by ssvr6
TypeX- Well document it, I'd like to use some of the before and after pics if you don't mind.

Steve

yea i think tomorrow i am gonna run to circuit city buy a digi cam
take all angle of the OEM car

than take it to the shop

than when i get it back take JDM shots of the same angles ;)

ShowstoppersUSA
03-05-2003, 07:42 PM
Thanks Type X

Remember, let me know when you are done...

BEAST IN THE EAST

BEST IN THE WEST :p

Lets do this EPHatch.com style

Chuck
Showstoppers USA

IceD out N CALI
03-05-2003, 07:49 PM
cant wait to see the pics of it when its installed

Mr.02BlackSIguY
03-05-2003, 09:11 PM
how much did the whole ctr kit cost u? post pics.. its gonna look tite as hell.

Type X
03-05-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Mr.02BlackSIguY
how much did the whole ctr kit cost u? post pics.. its gonna look tite as hell.

sigh. .. :)

Front bumper
Front Lip
Rear bumper
Rear Lip
Side skirts

= roughly 2100 shipped:cool:

Type X
03-05-2003, 09:17 PM
PLUS PAINT :(

fyzm7357
03-05-2003, 09:34 PM
Can't wait to see the final results....but one question, why did you get a black rear bumper? Any certain reason?

Type X
03-05-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by fyzm7357
Can't wait to see the final results....but one question, why did you get a black rear bumper? Any certain reason?

actually i ordered a WHITE kit BUT prior to shipping chuck notified me that the white he had was damaged so he replaced with the black either way
i have to repaint

but i liked that chuck sent me the flawless one rather than a shitty one :)

chuck = good guy in my book

and SUPERIOR customer service

Makross
03-05-2003, 09:38 PM
oh shiet mad props Type X you da man! n chuck so are you haha:D

Suk02Si
03-05-2003, 09:49 PM
good to hear your car is almost complete;)

..and now for the performance mods:D

Mr.02BlackSIguY
03-06-2003, 12:08 AM
2gs plus paint? wow... hey it will be worth it once its all in place. good stuff man. question about the front bumper. i heard it doesnt bolt on perfectly, and that u haveta modify the bumper support or sumthin? is that true? is so.. what needs to be done? or u just gonna put it in the shop and let them handle evrything.

golferjn
03-06-2003, 12:11 AM
congrats. its gonna look good

Type X
03-06-2003, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by Mr.02BlackSIguY
2gs plus paint? wow... hey it will be worth it once its all in place. good stuff man. question about the front bumper. i heard it doesnt bolt on perfectly, and that u haveta modify the bumper support or sumthin? is that true? is so.. what needs to be done? or u just gonna put it in the shop and let them handle evrything.

the shop is going to either remove the bumper support or cut it for fitment

if they have to remove it i will just pick up the JDM CTR one and bolt that on

mrfixit687
03-06-2003, 08:14 AM
ctr has bumper supports? if they do then why did honda had to make all new ones and new bumper for us?

Type X
03-06-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by mrfixit687
ctr has bumper supports? if they do then why did honda had to make all new ones and new bumper for us?

usdm bumper = longer hence BIGGER support
jdm bumper = shorter hence SMALLER support ;)

:p

Mr.02BlackSIguY
03-06-2003, 01:16 PM
how much do they sell the JDM bumper support for?

DownTheHatch
03-06-2003, 01:27 PM
Well because the US has stringent laws regarding bumpers and crash ratings etc.

The ep3 was designed and manufactured in England, England and Japan, and pretty much every place except for the USA would most likely approve of the bumper designs.

But when they began to look into bringing the Type-R here, they had to do a few modifications. First they stripped it down, removed the type-r engine, badges, spoiler, body kit, seats, then they had to expand the front and rear bumpers, so they made the supports larger, added a strip of foam for the 5mph crash law (any car has to survive a 5mph crash with no damage) and they had to make the bumpers stick out further as a result.

This means that every body kit will have to be made FOR the Si, if its made for the Type-R you will need to do the following things, replace the front and rear bumper supports with JDM ones, and if its the buddy club kit you will need a new exhaust.

If you want your car to look good its not easy. :)

ULTRAMANIA
03-06-2003, 01:54 PM
MIKE YOU LUCKY BASTARDO.. the day has finally come eh?! congrats man.. i bet you have been waiting for this day like a little kid for christmas day... heh.. enjoy it dood..

oh btw... if you order the bumpers and the lips together as a package.. they come in one piece like that? so i'm assuming if you order just the bumpers and you wanted the lips another time you would have to install the lips to your new bumpers yourself? right?........ sorry for the noob question.. just a lil confused...:angel: :angel:

Type X
03-06-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by ULTRAMANIA
MIKE YOU LUCKY BASTARDO.. the day has finally come eh?! congrats man.. i bet you have been waiting for this day like a little kid for christmas day... heh.. enjoy it dood..

oh btw... if you order the bumpers and the lips together as a package.. they come in one piece like that? so i'm assuming if you order just the bumpers and you wanted the lips another time you would have to install the lips to your new bumpers yourself? right?........ sorry for the noob question.. just a lil confused...:angel: :angel:

they come seperate

i put them together