PDA

View Full Version : I think the muffler shop screwed me a while ago...

Chrisbgft
03-05-2003, 05:57 PM
Hey, i got my EP in June. I had bought a Apexi N1 Muffler for it. I went to get a custom catback made for it and when i went they said i didnt need the catback. He said our exhausts are very good, and that their is a very low power gain. he said if u are doing anything to the exhaust, its basically for sound. He told me to just have the muffler installed. So i did that. Believing that he was right. Well, do u think it was the right thing? Should i go back and have them take the N1 muffler off and make custom catback? Should i have them install the factory muffler back to the stock piping?

sean
03-06-2003, 05:40 PM
why/how did you get ripped? whatd they charge you for the install. just putting in a muffler or taking it off is so basic you shouldve hit yourself in the head for paying someone to do it. there are 2 hangers and 2 bolts. i couldve done it for you in under 15 min with my tools. with a lift and impact wrench i could do it in 6 minutes.

the b pipe stock on our cars are pretty flow restrictive. i say sell the gapex and get an HKS. good build quality, loud.

fishboy
03-07-2003, 05:27 PM
keep the muffler and get a custom mandrel bent midpipe.