PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys/gals think about the buddy club kit?

02SilverSiHB
07-30-2002, 04:49 AM
Especially the rear bumper. I think I like everything except the rear bumper
It just looks funky. I'm not sure if they customized it to look that way in the pic. Maybe it's the exhaust throwing it off. Not sure.

http://www.aj-racing.com/Media/Features/iso2002/DSCN0241a.jpg

Glix
07-30-2002, 11:34 AM
Rear bumper looks terrible imho

PJsSCW
07-30-2002, 11:38 AM
I am sure it looks better in person.

SpeedRacer
07-30-2002, 12:03 PM
i like this kit alot if the price is reasonable it will be mine.

02SilverSiHB
07-30-2002, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Glix
Rear bumper looks terrible imho
yeah, I say the same thing. I'm hoping maybe it's just been customized, such as the grill.

DynaSpeed
07-30-2002, 12:13 PM
That's the nicest rear-end I've seen for this car, yet.

BlazeX12
07-30-2002, 12:22 PM
Is there a front to it?

SpeedRacer
07-30-2002, 12:39 PM
no this car has no front end.

ULTRAMANIA
07-30-2002, 12:50 PM
i think the whole buddy club kit looks a bit to aggresive.. i like the CTR kit better if you ask me.

SpeedRacer
07-30-2002, 01:02 PM
nah ctr is to plain i and i bet everyone will be doing the CTR kit

BlazeX12
07-30-2002, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by SpeedRacer
no this car has no front end.
Funny, i meant aftermarket front end...... and the rear is kinda bugging me, its too offcentered, it doesnt feel balanced, now if we had dual exhaust, then i would look good.

2k2civicSi
07-30-2002, 01:47 PM
i like it who sells it is it out yet?????

02SilverSiHB
07-30-2002, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by BlazeX12

Funny, i meant aftermarket front end...... and the rear is kinda bugging me, its too offcentered, it doesnt feel balanced, now if we had dual exhaust, then i would look good.
yeah, I think I agree with you about the rear.

2k2civicSi: I'm not sure who sells, nor if it's out yet

SmoothOperator
07-30-2002, 02:20 PM
Am I the only one that thinks it's hideous?!

02SilverSiHB
07-30-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by SmoothOperator
I'm definitely not liking the rear. As for the rest of it. I think it looks good, I'd like to see it in person, photos can be misleading sometimes.

ULTRAMANIA
07-30-2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by SmoothOperator

agreed

02SilverSiHB
07-30-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by 2k2civicSi
i like it who sells it is it out yet?????
I found this guy on ebay selling the kit for 01+ civics. I asked him if he had some for the 02 si hatchback... his response was that there is no such thing as an 02 si hatchback! What an idiot! I emailed him with pics of mine that I own and a few other sources. Damn some people live in a damn cave!

RacingCivicSi02
07-30-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

I found this guy on ebay selling the kit for 01+ civics. I asked him if he had some for the 02 si hatchback... his response was that there is no such thing as an 02 si hatchback! What an idiot! I emailed him with pics of mine that I own and a few other sources. Damn some people live in a damn cave!
Hahaha I bet u he does live in a cave

iR-VTEC2
07-30-2002, 03:29 PM
Damn....that was me :/

xlr8
07-30-2002, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

im surprised by how many people dont know there is an 02 si. i spoke with a rep at hks and he thought it wasnt out as an 02, but as an 03. also i just got off the phone with ebc brakes and hes never heard of an 02 hatchback, now hes looking to see if the pads are the same as the rsx

02SilverSiHB
07-30-2002, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by xlr8

im surprised by how many people dont know there is an 02 si. i spoke with a rep at hks and he thought it wasnt out as an 02, but as an 03. also i just got off the phone with ebc brakes and hes never heard of an 02 hatchback, now hes looking to see if the pads are the same as the rsx
well after tonight, a lot of people here in san antonio texas should now know what an si is
It's that car that just burnt an eclipse and civic ex to utter dust :D My first two kills..all in one day :D

dustinhurley
07-30-2002, 09:39 PM
I agree with the dislike. I like clean, simple, and classy. If you love your Si, you will want to drive it everyday. Putting something like that (1" from the ground, fiberglass) will make you hate driving the car everyday. Buy the CTR lip when/if it is available, or wait for Wings West to make something. Their lip kits are generally nice (urethane too!) Also, keep in mind; the CTR kit will be overdone, but there is a reason that things are popular. It is simply a great rear lip.

02SilverSiHB
07-31-2002, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by dustinhurley
I agree with the dislike. I like clean, simple, and classy. If you love your Si, you will want to drive it everyday. Putting something like that (1" from the ground, fiberglass) will make you hate driving the car everyday. Buy the CTR lip when/if it is available, or wait for Wings West to make something. Their lip kits are generally nice (urethane too!) Also, keep in mind; the CTR kit will be overdone, but there is a reason that things are popular. It is simply a great rear lip.
yeah, I agree with you completely. I decided I don't care for it. I'm hoping tsunami will come out with something. I loved their kits. They were suttle,but not to suttle. I liked the tsunami lip I had for my EX.
By the way, how are the springs holding up? All my friends say to go with those compared to the H&R. I still can't decide. I had H&R before and had nothing but good experience from those

SpeedRacer
07-31-2002, 03:33 PM
get H&R's

02SilverSiHB
07-31-2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by SpeedRacer
get H&R's
:D I decided I would. They most likely have a higher spring rate than the sprint ones. Man, I was looking at this site: http://www.hondatuningmagazine.com/archives/tech/0502_tech02_b.shtml and it seems easy to install them (I've done it before on my 97 EX), but damn, if we want shocks, we either have to pay a heavy price or but some cheaper ones that you will end up having to cut and end up paying more money than usual for install.
I think buying a shock that I don't have to cut up would be way better

CgSi
08-13-2002, 09:45 PM
The rear looks like it is "smeared" to the left a little. It is okay, not a fan of all that wire mesh