PDA

View Full Version : Seats Stolen

Boston EP3
03-06-2003, 10:44 AM
Hey everyone! I've been reading this site for awhile but this is the first time I've had any reason to post. So I go out to my car this morning and son of a bitch my seats are gone. Not just the front ones either but ALL of them. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this or have nay idea how long it takes to get seats from Honda? Needless to say this hasn't been the best day. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Boston EP3

bmx269
03-06-2003, 11:13 AM
Now you can get sparco seats. :) sorry to here that, I was wondering how long it would take for people to catch on that the Si(R) has nice seats. Damn thieves

JLannoo
03-06-2003, 11:14 AM
That sucks man...Sorry.

I hope you have a low deductable so you don't have to go broke over this asshole :(

ssvr6
03-06-2003, 11:16 AM
Sorry to hear that man. A good friend of mine was without his RXS Type S for months while they replaced his interior. Over $9k. He was hoping that they'd total it, but they didn't.

On another note, what ever happened to the seat locks? I'd be VERY interested in getting them now.

Steve

Mugen_EP
03-06-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by ssvr6
Sorry to hear that man. A good friend of mine was without his RXS Type S for months while they replaced his interior. Over $9k. He was hoping that they'd total it, but they didn't.

On another note, what ever happened to the seat locks? I'd be VERY interested in getting them now.

Steve

Seat Locks???? Never heard of those, could you explain??

ssvr6
03-06-2003, 12:02 PM
Here's the link.

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6698

Steve

IceD out N CALI
03-06-2003, 12:11 PM
sorry to hear that-thats a real pisser. thats the only thing about havin nice seats that fools want them

95 GSR
03-06-2003, 12:17 PM
everytime i see a CRX or early 90's civic with GSR leather i wonder if those were my seats...:D ... pretty soon the EP seats will cathc on to all the early model civic owners, so watch out guys. Your stock seat are like sparcos to them:D ...sorry about ur seats.

X 2KS2K
03-06-2003, 12:27 PM
That really sux man. I hate theives, someone taking your things because they are too lazy to get off their asses and earn their own things. Bastards!

SiR Medic
03-06-2003, 12:28 PM
As if people stealing our antennas weren't bad enough!

:mad:

What amazes me, is that so many people diss the EP as a whole, but they seem to love the parts that it's made of.:rolleyes:

ek9jdmhb
03-06-2003, 12:34 PM
i onced used that excuse so i didnt have to go to work, and they beleived it because they saw my seats:D

ULTRAMANIA
03-06-2003, 01:45 PM
hey boston EP.. my brother got his ITR broken into like two times with everything stripped.. if you car was on your house property then you MIGHT be able to have it insured through your house insurance... so yea you record on your car insurance shouldn't go up then.. but either way you'll get your money for your seats and you can get the stock ones back or just have the insurance company just send you a check for what the seats are worth, (which is going to be a lot cause OEM honda) and you can buy some JDM srds recaros, brides or something... OR those damn nice recaros that come with the jspec CTR.. heh.. well yea.. JUSTICE WILL BE SERVED.. don't think of this a TOTAL LOSS, but yea man.. that sucks dood... good luck with it man. keep us posted.

StrangeShadow
03-06-2003, 02:04 PM
wow, sorry to hear about that man, and to think how teared up I get when ppl dirty my interrior with their shues or birds crap on my car, I would probably flip if they stole my seats. Sorry about your situation man, hope things work out for you.

golferjn
03-06-2003, 07:03 PM
sorry to hear that man. hope everything works out

william
03-06-2003, 08:03 PM
that sucks man, just last weekend i seen some riced out late 90's civic hatch with a front seat from our cars? Just the driver one too, it was like taht's all he could steal before the guy chased him away. I fucking hate theives. I hope whatever car he's bolting your seats into crashes. And because of bad mounting, i hope him and your seats go flying through the windsheild and he ends up being a cripple and because he changed the seats, that insurance wont give him any money.........that'll teach him. (man am i screwed up):mad:

Dunrick
03-06-2003, 08:10 PM
Over in the middle eastern countries you get your arm cut off if your caught stealing....I think that shit should apply here...Oh man I would be so pissed if somebody stole my seats - I would wish a slow painful death upon them...fuckin cancer or something.

mrtew
03-06-2003, 09:23 PM
I have the first MR2 that came with NICE Recaros, and I remember that when they first came out they were being stolen and later recovered with seats missing. I can't believe that I am going to have those sleepless nights all over again worrying about a midnight seatectomy.

StrangeShadow
03-06-2003, 11:25 PM
lol I sure hope the seat survives if it flies out the window with the guy, but that was an extremly funny mental picture.

Suk02Si
03-06-2003, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by StrangeShadow
lol I sure hope the seat survives if it flies out the window with the guy, but that was an extremly funny mental picture.

hahaha

EP33
03-06-2003, 11:46 PM
I had that happen to me with my Isuzu I-Mark RS. It came with Recaros and I'll be damned if the insurance company didn't total my facking car because of it. It went like: 1. We found you car. 2. We're going to fix you car. 3.Ahhhh, those seats cost $2500 each. 4. Your car is totalled. 5. Hey but I owe. . . sorry. C-YA.

Thanks 20th Century

Seat locks are the way. I may have to chew on the stock bolt or something until I get some locks.

Hey where is that stinky seat guy??? I'll use some of that perfume:rolleyes:

BarracksSi
03-07-2003, 03:29 AM
EP33, do you mean that you want a permanent fart smell?

I've been gassy the past few weeks, and I'm in San Bernardino (wherever the hell it is, it's in Cali) for the next couple of days. Drop by and I'll cut some loose in the car.

blueiedgod
03-08-2003, 08:09 AM
I had a 2001 CR-V special edition with all leather interior. it was stolen last year and completely gutted. the seats, airbags, double din stock radio, all 5 alloys, painted spare tire cover... Insirance gave me $10 000 I went to a junk yard bought regular cloth interior and saved about $5000. Traded the car in as an EX, and swore off leather interior. Now, I find out that my alacantra interior is just as desireable? I think I may have to have my alluminum baseball bat by my bedside again. After what happened to my CR-V, I swore, if I catch one of those bastards, they will be crippled for life, and will NEVER have children. No procreation for the scum! What makes them think that what I own is theirs?!!!

StrangeShadow
03-10-2003, 08:33 PM
No procreation for the scum!
rofl