PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Question

EKON
03-06-2003, 06:44 PM
I'm trying to decide on a susp. setup, but I really dont know if I should drop my car. Here are the first, second and third setups I thought of, are was as follows.

First:
Spoon Progressive Springs
Spoon Front Upper Strut Bar
Spoon Rear Upper Strut bar
Spoon Lower Rear Strut Bar
Type R Rear Sway Bar (22mm)

Second:
Tein Type Flex kit with EDFC
Type R Rear Sway Bar

Third:
Spoon Front Upper Strut Bar
Spoon Rear Upper Strut bar
Type R Rear Sway Bar

My rims are Enkei Shoguns 17"X7"
The tires will be Falken Azenis 215/45 17 (If they make the size. If not I would need to find someone good that does)

Which one of these setups will work best for some track use (no Drag Racing) and daily driving. Please I need some Info.

Suk02Si
03-06-2003, 10:18 PM
Get all the struts and ties to stiffen up the chassis. If you want a smooth ride, then Tein is great because of adjustability. The Type R rear sway is a good start, you might also want to look into the Type S front sway 23mm, 2mm smaller than our stock. The Spoon progressive springs are good but only lower the CTR about 2cm. The CTR itself is already 2cm lower than our car so 4cm lower for the Si. If you get springs then look into getting shocks because eventually the stiffer and lower aftermarket spring will wear away at the stock shocks.

EKON
03-10-2003, 11:24 AM
Thanks!:D

hamlet9634
03-11-2003, 03:01 PM
if you're thinking abouy coilovers, I recommend JIC-Magic over Tein. Do a little cross-shopping there before you decide. JIC has inverted struts with larger piston diameter = smoother ride, and everything is HIGHLY adjustable.

I've got JIC and am VERY happy with it. Stiff, tight, as low or high as i want it, and totally a smooth ride.. and i still have a lot of tuning left to do as it is set on 4 out of a possible 15 in damper settings.

EKON
03-11-2003, 04:01 PM
Does JIC have a height controller like Tein? How much for the whole kit?

hamlet9634
03-12-2003, 11:30 AM
i think the MSRP is like 1900.. and yes, there's height control..