PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated by body panel alignment

n8s si
03-06-2003, 09:11 PM
Ok, so the si is at the honda dealer AGAIN for a body panel alignment problem. This is the second time since new (about 2 months old.) To make a long story short, when i got the car the drivers side door was tucked almost a whole 3/8" inside the front fender. (panels not flush) The salesman said its no biggie & they could easily adjust the alignment of the panels. I said ok & took it there a week later... (two weeks & the WHOLE DRIVERS SIDE of my car repainted later) I got it back & it still wasnt matching up. The bottom front of the door where the door edge meets the fender is still almost 1/4" off. They said they will fix it but it will need the door to be "bent back out" resulting in the door & front fender to be repainted again! I requested a new door from honda rather then bending it & they said that honda only "repairs & not replaces body panels. Sorry about the length of this... anyone think this is a little strange? Please advise.

Suk02Si
03-06-2003, 09:57 PM
that's pretty messed up. Having body panels bent instead of replaced makes the car seem more 'used' than it actually is.

LordKoo
03-06-2003, 09:58 PM
Call American Honda and bitch about it. They will replace it. Tell them, either they give you a new car or replace a brand new door. Their choice... Don't give in, be firm... Tell them also you have friends are considering Hondas... So, any false move from them, bye-bye Honda...

LordKoo
03-06-2003, 09:59 PM
Come to think about it... My passenger door is not properly aligned either!

Yeah! Bitching time!!!

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
03-07-2003, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by LordKoo
Come to think about it... My passenger door is not properly aligned either!

Yeah! Bitching time!!!

if i were ya'al i would just leave it the hell alone...
a slightly misaligned body panel is nothing to worry about...
getting the whole side of your car repainted certainly *IS*...
when you go to sell it prospective buyers are going to think your car has been wrecked...
no matter how good an auto body shop may be, you can always tell the car has been repainted...
i reccomend you just leave it be...

n8s si
03-07-2003, 02:50 PM
thats the thing, they painted the whole side w/o my knowledge or consent. Now They are saying they would either replace the door with another silver one on the lot. (a total of 3 colors on my car) or bend & repaint or "blend" the paint to match. what to do?

ADAMnQuickCIVIC
03-07-2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by n8s si
thats the thing, they painted the whole side w/o my knowledge or consent. Now They are saying they would either replace the door with another silver one on the lot. (a total of 3 colors on my car) or bend & repaint or "blend" the paint to match. what to do?

if they painted the car w/o your knowledge tell them that you want a new car....period.

n8s si
03-07-2003, 07:27 PM
If it were only that easy. :(

SoCaLep3
03-07-2003, 09:05 PM
oh man, my passenger door is pretty messed up too. the bottom part of the door sticks out and is noticeable at all angles. Do you guys think I should go to the dealer and talk to them abuot it? the thing is i dont know if it was my fault or if it was already like that.

n8s si
03-07-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by SoCaLep3
oh man, my passenger door is pretty messed up too. the bottom part of the door sticks out and is noticeable at all angles. Do you guys think I should go to the dealer and talk to them abuot it? the thing is i dont know if it was my fault or if it was already like that.

If i were you, I'd almost leave it alone. Its not worth going through what i have.

minimay7
03-08-2003, 12:47 AM
Dude...

I am sorry to hear this.... i hope everything will be solved...

It's always a hassle dealing with dealers.

Didn't you guys check the car when you first bought it? Or is it something that happens over time?:(