PDA

View Full Version : Dynaudio 240

Nighthawk Si
03-07-2003, 06:04 PM
I'm pretty sold on a set of Dynaudio System 240 Mk II speakers for my front stage, but I'm wondering about the size of the mid-bass driver. Dynaudio lists it as a nominal 7" cone...is it that much bigger than what most manufacturers refer to as 6 1/2"? I'm looking to use the factory location if at all possible, but a slight amount of modification (cutting the sheet metal) would be okay. Is this even possible? Thanks, all.

johnnydanger
03-07-2003, 06:22 PM
i had a set of those in my 1995 civic h/b and they're really no bigger in diameter than 6.5" drivers... dood get those for sure, they sound so precise and clear. a tad bit more expensive than others (at least mine were) but well worth it.

Jpax
03-07-2003, 06:40 PM
I think you should do a search on speaker install or stereo install for your car i bet you will find some information

Nighthawk Si
03-07-2003, 06:48 PM
Yeah, I've read stuff...I just wanted to know if they were WAY bigger. I knew (from your stereo install DIY) that any aftermarket 6.5" would require modification, but I wanted to make sure that these weren't so much larger as to cause a problem (I can't really look at them because nobody around here sells them...I've only heard them in the cars of others...and I want to make sure before ordering).

johnnydanger
03-07-2003, 07:13 PM
i believe dynaudio's main usa office is in illinois somewhere, but i'm not sure... as i said tho, if you can get them, i would highly recommend them imo... :D