PDA

View Full Version : ES urethane engine mount install

jo3y
03-07-2003, 11:59 PM
what a headache. it took me 6 hours to do and was extremely hard. I had all the right tools, and i did it by myself. the front mount was the real problem, it took so much time and effort to get it out/in. ahh what a horriable experience. This is definitly something that i would go to the shop for next time. Oh yeah i also managed to strip some threads on the front mount so im only running 2 bolts instead if 3.:confused: I think it will be fine though, it had 1 bolt on the bottom and 2 on top, i took out a top one. BUT on the upside i have urethane engine mounts now :):):) no mo wheelhop.

jo3y
03-08-2003, 12:36 AM
WOAH! forget what i just said about headaches, i just took it for a spin and damn! i did a good 50 ft burnout with ease, no wheelhop at all. Damn that made it all worth it. Little vibration at idle but i can live with it. The car has a very different sound now, when it starts, and in every gear, espically in 5th at crusing speed (like 50) it sounds a lot deeper, im liking this product so far. Well worth the 40 i paid. peace!

chunky
03-08-2003, 01:03 AM
wow. 6 hours?

I hope to stay on the 1.5-3 hour estimates that most others have come up with.

I too long to launch with no wheel hop. 225 wide tires make it NASTY. I can't even begin to explain how much worse the hop is than with stock tires.

IceD out N CALI
03-08-2003, 09:17 AM
the elimination of wheel hop is a very good thing

Bushido
03-08-2003, 09:24 AM
what did you use to get rid of the wheel hop?

esmith13
03-08-2003, 10:05 AM
could someone post the part number as well as where you ordered it from??? I wanna pick these up by start of summer....

Thanks in advance,

Eric

jo3y
03-08-2003, 10:37 AM
i got them from clubRSX.com, $40 shipped. I hear you can get them cheaper at automotive performance shops, but all the shops around me they were higher. Anyway its Energy Suspension urethane componets, part# 16.1110G

paralysis
03-08-2003, 11:17 AM
This is one of the upgrades I would love to do but when you say "Little vibration at idle but i can live with it." How much vibration are you talking about and at what RPMs? I have read the other posts about the vibration but not much is said about it. I don't want girls making my car seat all wet going to Wal-Mart.

jo3y
03-08-2003, 11:52 AM
HAHA precious wet girrlies. So yeah the only vibration is under 1k and its not that bad. The only time the vibration is bad is if you are in a high gear going really slow and hit the gas hard. But if you know how to drive this won't happen. Besides they are only inserts, they 'piggyback' the rubber mounts, so you could remove them and go back to stock if you want without spending any more money

chunky
03-08-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by jo3y
i got them from clubRSX.com, $40 shipped. I hear you can get them cheaper at automotive performance shops, but all the shops around me they were higher. Anyway its Energy Suspension urethane componets, part# 16.1110G

you can get them from jrponline for 28 bucks + 8 bucks shipping/handling.

They're C.O.D. only as well, in the u.s. they mostly do wholesale.

the guy has ordered some from E.S., and is supposed to call me once they get in.

MickeCTR
03-31-2003, 04:13 AM
Is it the same part# for the RSX and the Civic SI?

DynaSpeed
03-31-2003, 08:59 AM
Is it the same part# for the RSX and the Civic SI? Yes