PDA

View Full Version : Cancun here I come

napapacoda
03-08-2003, 01:20 PM
I'm off on spring break and taking full advantage of the week off. Gonna go off to Cancun on Monday and hopefully have a blast. Anyone going down there this coming up week or anyone have any pointers/tips/advice while im in Cancun?

RMC22
03-08-2003, 01:30 PM
Don't drink the water?

-LAW-
03-08-2003, 01:51 PM
have fun bring a lot of condom !! hehehehehe :p

IceD out N CALI
03-08-2003, 03:12 PM
have fun, and remember its a different country your rights arnt quite the same so watch out, else u wind up in jail

My_Blk_Si
03-08-2003, 04:33 PM
You'll have a great time but...

1) Never walk down the streets alone... the cops take advantage of that...

2) Show but try not to give your License or ID to the cop... they'll make you pay them to get it back...

Unfortunately peoples rights mean s**t there...

JLannoo
03-08-2003, 05:55 PM
I dont know,it may be just me. I have no desire to leave the Country...well maybe to Canada now and then becuase its so close to me.

There is a lifetime of places to go and sites to see right here in the Good ol' U.S.A.

EP33
03-08-2003, 06:45 PM
Don't drive crazy (includes speeding just a little).
They have motorcycle cops ALL OVER the strip.

Don't get crazy drunk you will get "taken away".

Don't drink the tap water (repeat).

Whatever you eat it WILL affect your. . .how do you say. . .crap!

Check your hotel room for mold (it'll make you sick) and BIG roaches (if you stay at a questionable place). The Marriotts are 1st class, so are a couple other$.

Go snorkel in the ocean right off Club Med.

Don't take sand to the beach. Plenty there.

Fill out you immigration slip on your flights to and form before you land.

Make copies of your ID and passport and leave the originals somewhere safe.

Exchange your US$ in Cancun at El Banco near the BMW dealership on the lagoon side (best rates when I was there). The airport exchange rate sucks.

If you need some Walmart type stuff, go to Walmart in downtown Cancun.

Go to Chichen Itza and see the pyramids, cool sheet.

Whatever you buy do not pay the 1st,2nd,3rd,4th,5th,6th & 7th price. Drive'em down.

HondaMan
03-08-2003, 07:58 PM
Have fun! Sounds like great advice from EP33.

napapacoda
03-08-2003, 10:38 PM
Thanks for the advice.

I have never been outside of the US and want to experience it.

I will make sure not to drink too much, but im sure the bartenders will water them down for me (assholes, :) )

I was thinking about the whole tap water issue and how/will that affect drinking mixed drinks from bars.

I'm guessing water includes (ice cubes, soda or any drink including a juice out of a dispenser like at mcdonalds)

I'm staying at the Oasis Hotel, hopefully its not bad.