PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Audio System for under $1500

C1V1C
03-08-2003, 06:38 PM
Hi Wiseguys ! :D

I am just curious what can I get for an audio system with $1200-$1500 budget. I want a decent system, much better than stock, but not as loud as the black dude next to me. (sorry, I am not racist :) )

I am thinking of :

- Front Speakers: Alpine SPR-136A 8-40 watt RMS
- Rear Speaker: Stock
- Alpine CDA-9807 : 23x4 RMS to power front and back speakers.
- AMP for sub : Phoenix Gold Ti400.2 bridged or JL Audio 500/1
- Subs : 1 JL Audio 10w7
- Crossover: Do I need one or they are built in ? or included ?

What else do I need ?

Any suggestion ? thanks ........

EnJaNir
03-08-2003, 06:44 PM
I have the JL500/1 and 300/4 both amazing amps very nice

Surprise
03-08-2003, 08:22 PM
Your system looks good to me, I have only one suggestion. To best utilize a component set you need to run a proper amp to it. The alpine's deck power is the best (for decks), but a seperate amp will yield a much better soundstage and stereo seperation, trust me, you will hear a difference. I had the same speakers hooked up to a ARC 50x2 amp, they sounded good. I also hooked them up to a ARC 100x2 and was astonished by the difference, they really need the extra power. The 500/1 is a great amp and perfect match for the W7.

SiR Medic
03-08-2003, 09:38 PM
DITCH THE STOCK REAR SPEAKERS!

They have gotta be the weak link of the system.

C1V1C
03-08-2003, 10:31 PM
Yeah, I will remove that stock speakers later on when I got more money in the future ..... I am planning to get another 4 channel amp for 4 speakers.

What do you guys think of Alpine Type R speakers ? OK ? or any suggestion for Head unit ? I just need your opinion, I don't know much about this.

fsugatorbait
03-09-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by C1V1C
sweet thanks ..........

I post this acouple days ago

http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9839

Would you take a look and tell me what do you think ?

Thanks again, sorry for questions ....

Not sure about how the alpine speakers sound, never heard them, ive only had infinity and kenwood in my cars. Id recommend stopping by a local car audio store that has them, they might even have that combo speaker/head unit setup to listen to. One thing id definately recommend would be getting a matching set of speakers for the front and rear. For instance, I went with infinity's reference line and would have gotten their 6 1/2's for the back but my roomate had those kenwoods that he gave me. Staying within the same product line ensures that the frequency range will match. Also, Id highly recommend getting a 4 channel amp, to run your cabin speakers. I prefer to go clarity before boom...Excellent choice for the sub/amp. Thats exactly what Ill be getting eventually...the reviews have been amazing for both their amps and that line of subs...Their amps were engineered by ex PPI and Xtant engineers which speak for themselves.
Crossovers come with whatever set of components you get, they take the line in and split it into high and low frequencies for the tweeter and mid range.
If you have anyother questions feel free to ask. If you dont ask you wont learn.
Phil

BlackNRedSi
03-18-2003, 12:48 PM
- Front Speakers: Alpine SPR-136A 8-40 watt RMS
- Rear Speaker: Stock
- Alpine CDA-9807 : 23x4 RMS to power front and back speakers.
- AMP for sub : Phoenix Gold Ti400.2 bridged or JL Audio 500/1
- Subs : 1 JL Audio 10w7
- Crossover: Do I need one or they are built in ? or included ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok here is my suggestion, take it as you will....

Front speakers Alpine...Great, go ahead and pop those babies in, I heard them in my old car, they sound great, love alpine....

rear speakers: please don

KickerSi
03-19-2003, 05:00 PM
My suggestion

02SIR
03-20-2003, 02:39 PM
I'm running an Alpine 7894 head unit, JL 10w7 in the High Ouput box (no space left in the hatch), Rockford Fosgate 500BD amp, and JL VR components in the front.

Definately satisfied with all of the equipment, especially the JL 10w7sub. The bass quality is just amazing. I'm thinking about changing to a sealed box to get some trunk space back ;) .

C1V1C
03-20-2003, 04:48 PM
Plan is changing recently, since I just found out that I can use JL AMPs and it is flexible with the subwoofer impedance.

- Alpine 7995
- Infinity Reference 605cs for fronts and rears.
- JL 300/4 AMP for fronts and rear

Future Upgrade :

- JL 300/2 AMP
- JL 10W3v2

I am planning to make a custom fiberglass enclosure and I will put it in the truck , on the passanger side. and put the Sub's Amp on the left.

I will hang the JL 300/4 on the rear deck. Hope this one works. I don't know how big the sub and the box will take space. 0.6 CuFt ? emmm no idea.

Jpax
03-20-2003, 05:25 PM
0.625 cubic ft Sealed

C1V1C
03-20-2003, 05:28 PM
Paxie,

what the h$$$ are you posting. It seems like box sizes, but no idea how to understand that.

Jpax
03-20-2003, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by C1V1C
Paxie,

what the h$$$ are you posting. It seems like box sizes, but no idea how to understand that.

LOL....

Click here and build your box to these SEALED specs. (http://www.jlaudio.com/subwoofers/pdfs/10W3v2_MAN.pdf)
Page 3 :D

C1V1C
03-20-2003, 07:38 PM
I printed those pages a week ago. still not figuring out. I am from a country with metric system, so kinda hard to imagine things in feet and inches.

thanks for the post anyway... I appreciate it.