PDA

View Full Version : Have to get wiper blades through Honda?!??!

natesi
03-09-2003, 10:58 PM
Okay, as it has been discussed before, the blades on this car suck ass. So I go to get new ones and can't find anything slim enough. The guy at the parts store says he would have to "special order", and then points to the narrow blade **and** the metal holder with a special design so the arm can fit into it (the driver's side bade has a "notch" cut out for the wiper arm).

So, we can't even replace the metal holder because of that.... This is just LAME because when I get new blades from Honda they will probably be the same POS brand that was on there to begin with!! ARRRRRGGGG!!!

Is there something I don't know about? Because this sucks! Has anyone replaced the blades or blade holders?

clownswlleatu
03-10-2003, 12:00 AM
I just went to my local auto parts store. They just measured the blades and gave me the correct ones off the shelf. Nothing special about them except that the car is so new it's not in their system yet. That's why they had to get out a tape measure and do them.

natesi
03-10-2003, 06:38 AM
The ones this auto store had, the blades were too wide.

Also, how do you get the blades off? Looks like you have to bend the metal blade holder???

What gives with these things!!??

Cone Killer
03-10-2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by natesi
The ones this auto store had, the blades were too wide.

Also, how do you get the blades off? Looks like you have to bend the metal blade holder???

What gives with these things!!??

They should slide out with minimal difficulty. I replaced mine with tefflon blades.

natesi
03-10-2003, 06:58 PM
I went by the Honda dealer to pick me up some blades.... The parts guy brang the wrong inserts out--I could tell. So asked him to show me how to put them on.

He went out to the car and was puzzled. Yep; wrong sizes. Then he kept asking if I replaced them or bought the car second hand. Then he checked the actual part numbers in his computer and HAD TO SPECIAL ORDER THE BLADES!!!!!

OH

MY

GOD!!!!!

Okay, I had no idea it was going to be this hard to get some freaking wiper blades. DAMN!!

Cone Killer: where did you get your blades and more importantly what brand are they. I don't suppose you can get a part number of any sort, could you??? That info could come in handy for me and a lot of people in the future because I'm sure these next pair won't last very long either... Plus, they want like $7.50 a freaking blade!! But I have no choice right now. He thinks they will be in tomorrow.

02NITEHAWKSi EP
03-11-2003, 02:43 PM
Hello all, I am a noob. I used to work at Discount Auto for a while. Tricor and Bosch both make wiper inserts that are for the thin wiper blades such as on our EP Si's. Even working at parts store I never looked at the boxes because so many people stole wipers. Just look at the blade inside and make sure the measurement is correct. They are usually all the way to one side of the wiper display. I will see if I can get the number for you this week.:cool: I think the driver's side is 24 but I am not sure about the passenger side.

Ruben:p

natesi
03-11-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by 02NITEHAWKSi EP
Hello all, I am a noob. I used to work at Discount Auto for a while. Tricor and Bosch both make wiper inserts that are for the thin wiper blades such as on our EP Si's. Even working at parts store I never looked at the boxes because so many people stole wipers. Just look at the blade inside and make sure the measurement is correct. They are usually all the way to one side of the wiper display. I will see if I can get the number for you this week.:cool: I think the driver's side is 24 but I am not sure about the passenger side.

Ruben:p

That would be cool. Passenger side is 16 inches, by the way...