PDA

View Full Version : RSX-S Rear Sway vs. CTR Rear Sway

BlasTech
03-10-2003, 11:12 AM
Is there a difference in size or weight between these two rear sway bars?

97gsr90si
03-10-2003, 11:31 AM
Yes...

RSX-s - 19mm

CTR - 22mm

BlasTech
03-10-2003, 11:33 AM
Will the CTR bolt on to the Si?

97gsr90si
03-10-2003, 11:34 AM
...as far as everything I've read...it will

I have a CTR 22mm on order from Pole Position.

BlasTech
03-10-2003, 01:11 PM
Rreally? How much? I've heard of new RSX bars in the $60 range.

97gsr90si
03-10-2003, 02:03 PM
$110 to the door. Get a hold of Howard at Pole Position.

BlasTech
03-10-2003, 03:18 PM
Not bad. Thanks for the info! :D

sean
03-11-2003, 04:04 PM
and what's the size of our rear sway bar? and what will it do having a bigger one? since we're FWD and the rear wheels dont have something like a quadrasteer, whats the point?

George Knighton
03-11-2003, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by sean
and what's the size of our rear sway bar? and what will it do having a bigger one? since we're FWD and the rear wheels dont have something like a quadrasteer, whats the point?

If all you're doing is putting the Type S or CTR rear sway bar on, then your car will point in faster, and it will be easier to induce oversteer.

I am going to use the Type S rear and front bars, and see where I get that way.

97gsr90si
03-15-2003, 06:17 AM
Our rear is 15mm (stock)

As you increase the roll stiffness in the rear it causes the front to become more responsive by transfering the weight quicker...instead of the springs soaking up all of it. The stiffer the bar the quicker the weight gets transfered.

soniccar
03-16-2003, 06:55 PM
Some people keep worrying about oversteer and understeer... let me take you for a ride and show you both. Oversteer may be a problem at A) 9/10s to 10/10s driving in good conditions, and B) cornering too fast in inclimate conditions. The main thing you want to do is minimize the body roll so you don't have a large duration on transfering weight which makes the car unpredictable, feel uneasy to you, and give a delay on steering reaction from you input making you mistime your corner. So you back off of the throttle (not because of understeer).

I had good luck with a RSX rear swaybar. More confidence has allowed me to take corners quicker, and the contat patch is better on the rear wheels. All the swaybar does is push down on the outside wheel as the inside wheel is loaded to keep it on the ground and making traction. Also, IMO, the swaybar is providing some spring rate lacking in the stock setup. Get a nice rear swaybar... a RSX like mine, or a Progress, and then if the car needs to be a little less "squirrelly", but Energy Suspension Urethane bushings on the front swaybar. I believe everyone is getting hung up on the whole oversteer and understeer bit. In a Honda, all you do is lessen the understeer... you don't induce oversteer, unless you are an autocrosser driving at 9-10/10s and turn in too late on a corner. I am like most people, I turn in too early causing an early Apex and thus inducing tons of understeer causing me to have to slow after the Apex to not trackout too far.

sean
03-16-2003, 09:02 PM
So you say buy an RSX-S sway bar and not a CTR one???:p

BlasTech
03-16-2003, 09:21 PM
Thanks for the insights sonicar, Im looking to get decent auto-x vehicle out of my EP, and thats why Im looking into the sway bars. Would you say its a noticeable difference with the RSX bar in daily driving, or just in pushing hard corners?

Cone Killer
03-17-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by BlasTech
Thanks for the insights sonicar, Im looking to get decent auto-x vehicle out of my EP, and thats why Im looking into the sway bars. Would you say its a noticeable difference with the RSX bar in daily driving, or just in pushing hard corners?

I would say its a noticable difference, but then again, I upgraded later to the progress 22mm bar.