PDA

View Full Version : Street Racing read this before racing

i02si
03-10-2003, 12:29 PM
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=69260&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

I think we should show are support for this guy.

R.I.P Bert

:( :'( :( :'(

Mugen_EP
03-10-2003, 01:17 PM
It's a sad day when we lose a member of the import enthusiast family. :( But its even worse when its due to street racing.

I feel that this should be a sticky in the "On The Road" section. Hopefully someone will learn from this and keep it on the track.

Prayers and thoughts are with family and friends.

ssvr6
03-10-2003, 01:18 PM
While it's sad that he's in such bad shape, I can't support someone that could have easily killed someone else while driving like an asshole.

Steve

iR-VTEC2
03-10-2003, 02:12 PM
actually he died.

Mugen_EP
03-10-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by ssvr6
While it's sad that he's in such bad shape, I can't support someone that could have easily killed someone else while driving like an asshole.

Steve

He's not in BAD SHAPE, if you read finish reading the post the guy passed away. Yeah he could have prevented it but nobody deserves that and thats pretty heartless coming from you. I would expect more maturity from a moderator.

ballsdeep
03-10-2003, 02:46 PM
Although he shouldnt have been street racing i dont think any of us have the right to judge because I'm sure we have all taken risks behind the wheel. Whether it was street racing, getting behind the wheel after a few to many, or even going 100 + mph on the interstate. Luckily for us we didnt have to pay the ultimate price for our foolishness. My heart goes out to his mother, family, and friends. R.I.P Bert

swampdonkey
03-10-2003, 03:34 PM
wow that is intensly sad. That is why nobody should ever street race. I'm goin to try and never street race again.

JEDI-SI
03-10-2003, 03:52 PM
That's sad..almost makes me feel like not making my car that fast...that sucks....were all guilty of street racing.....Let's not take things for granted.Racing is fun , lets just try to keep it on the tracks...!

IceD out N CALI
03-10-2003, 03:53 PM
thats the dirty truth about street racing is one fuck up, and your dead. sad to see, yet when we engage in a race we all take chances, and i'm sure everyone on this board has raced at least once so we're all lucky. RIP clubrsx member:(

golferjn
03-10-2003, 03:58 PM
RIP. be careful out there

klik
03-10-2003, 07:20 PM
Shit men i aint gonna street race again men i almost crash the other racing a 240xs in the highway 2 lane. fuck this shit im quittin and that goes for all of you out there who still street racing, ive been racing the street since i got my SI and i almost crash 2 times. men this forum in RSXclubs wake me up like a MOfu
For all yo SI owners right here do this shit on the tracks men it worth it.
PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P Bert from clubRSX

taikahn
03-10-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by Mugen_EP

He's not in BAD SHAPE, if you read finish reading the post the guy passed away. Yeah he could have prevented it but nobody deserves that and thats pretty heartless coming from you. I would expect more maturity from a moderator.

Yeah - Id agree ---

Poor kid. Period.

HondaMan
03-10-2003, 07:59 PM
R.I.P. Bert!

Very sad to see bad news like this...take it easy on Steve, he has a point. Luckily nobody else was killed, it could have been much worse. Steve is a family man like myself, so I certainly see where he is coming from. Street racing is deadly and I will certainly think twice the next time some wants to race me. I like to just race myself and don't push the envelope.

Brettnyt
03-10-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by IceD out N CALI
and i'm sure everyone on this board has raced at least once so we're all lucky.

I know its not the point, but I havent... My heart goes out to the family and friends of the dead.

ssvr6
03-10-2003, 08:46 PM
I'm sorry he died and you're right, I didn't finish reading it. It's sad that someone so young had to lose their life over a stupid decision.

However, I stand by my original statement. If someone died from a drug overdose, they'd get the same reaction from me. It's something that could have been avoided with a simple choice.

Steve

SiR Medic
03-11-2003, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by ssvr6
I'm sorry he died and you're right, I didn't finish reading it. It's sad that someone so young had to lose their life over a stupid decision.

However, I stand by my original statement. If someone died from a drug overdose, they'd get the same reaction from me. It's something that could have been avoided with a simple choice.

Steve

I totally agree with Steve on this one.

Yes it is sad and tragic that someone died at so young an age...

My thoughts are with the family and friends.

However... Street Racing is VERY DANGEROUS and this is bound to happen sooner or later.

I see this sort of thing happening all the time as part of my job. Let me say that when I hear that one person is hurt or killed doing something like this, the first thing that comes to my mind is that it could have been much, much, worse.

My last truly bad vehicle accident involved two 19-year-old girls. Driving recklessly, the car went off the road, flipped, and ejected both girls. The driver was thrown about 100ft... The other was crushed as the car landed on her, she was killed instantly.

Now the driver of that car has to live out the rest of her life in a wheelchair and also live with the guilt that she killed her best friend.

Nothing I say or do could convince people not to street race. The only thing I want all of you to realize is that if you do decide to race... You are putting yourself... AND OTHERS... AT RISK.

/Doug

HL_Racing
03-11-2003, 09:28 AM
You know what im prolly gonna be band for this now but thats fucking bullshit man you would agree with him medic because you and steve are fucking butt buddies!!!!!!!

He was a kid! Jesus think about how many people street race so your saying that they all deserve to die???? Thats messed up!!! You guy are fucking desensatized assholes!!! Im sure if you were street racing and died you wouldnt want people to think about you the way you think about him!!! Yeah i know thats the chance we take when we street race but hey fuck you he didnt deserve to die!! How you both take turns bending ove for each other i hope you get aids!!!!!:mad:

HL_Racing
03-11-2003, 09:30 AM
! last thing by them also lining up to race you they are taking the same damn risk and thats why you dont race w/ other people in the car!

Mugen_EP
03-11-2003, 09:44 AM
I was in no way coming at Steve negatively. I had just finished reading the post I was more shocked then anything. I just wasn't expecting that kind of responce. We all make bad decisions at some point in our lives but no one should pay for them with their lives. I guess I was expecting something more heartfelt. I dont know Steve personally but he seems like a really cool guy so no need to defend him.

Chill, HL_Racing. Yelling, cussing, and talking sh*t solves nothing. Make an educated opinion and be done with it.

"Cant we all just get along":)

ssvr6
03-11-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by HL_Racing
You know what im prolly gonna be band for this now but thats fucking bullshit man you would agree with him medic because you and steve are fucking butt buddies!!!!!!!

He was a kid! Jesus think about how many people street race so your saying that they all deserve to die???? Thats messed up!!! You guy are fucking desensatized assholes!!! Im sure if you were street racing and died you wouldnt want people to think about you the way you think about him!!! Yeah i know thats the chance we take when we street race but hey fuck you he didnt deserve to die!! How you both take turns bending ove for each other i hope you get aids!!!!!:mad:

It's funny. People on here screamed and cried when the possibility of losing a "street racing" forum came up. I was BIG in wanting to ditch it due to my own personal beliefs. So, I was called names, hated on, and everyone said what they wanted.

Now, it's my turn to express my opinion and I'm not allowed because I'm a moderator? I give a flying f*** about some asshole that drove like an idiot and killed himself. If some numbnuts was playing around with a gun, shoving it up his ass and he killed himself, he'd make the Darwin awards. But god forbid that I say the same of someone who could have easily killed more than just himself. You're right, I'm desensatized, I deserve aids for being glad that another "Einstein" was removed from our gene pool. Crucify me for it.

I say this, I'm not scared to speak my mind NO MATTER WHERE I AM. That's what makes me, who I am. If I think you're being an ass, I'll tell you. I don't pussy foot around feelings or being politcally correct. If you don't like it, sorry. That happens in life.

As for banning you because you have a difference of opinion, not a chance. But banning you for hoping that I get aids...quite possibly.

Steve

Jpax
03-11-2003, 10:54 AM
OK this is getting out of hand. :(