PDA

View Full Version : Steering Noise after Lowering wiht Sportline

fenixtxrbf
03-10-2003, 06:28 PM
Did anyone noise a noise coming from the steering column after lowering your si. I lowered my car wiht Sportlines and I hear a slight noise when i turn my wheel. The noise can only be heard from inside the car. Does anyone know what this is or if its a bad thing. Thanks

02SilverSiHB
03-10-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by fenixtxrbf
Did anyone noise a noise coming from the steering column after lowering your si. I lowered my car wiht Sportlines and I hear a slight noise when i turn my wheel. The noise can only be heard from inside the car. Does anyone know what this is or if its a bad thing. Thanks
like a really quiet scrape sound in the steering wheel. I noticed that in mine...it happened only a couple of times then went away

iR-VTEC2
03-10-2003, 06:53 PM
ok here's a link to a thread that was a link to another thread that i started about this same shit. Maybe it will help you. I am, however, taking my car to the dealer. I think my tie rod is BuSTED due to the fact that the nut swivels when i turn the wheel.

EP33
03-11-2003, 01:27 AM
This might be why. It's why my car did what you are describing. I had to take the bitch apart again:'(

fenixtxrbf
03-11-2003, 02:20 PM
The noise like a light sraping or vibration noise that can only be heard inside the car. Is this the same noise u hear. There is a bump noise but only when i turn the steering wheel all the way in one direction. when i turn the wheel all the way to the left i hear a bumping noise at the end. is this because the yellow lines are not lined up.

EP33
03-11-2003, 07:04 PM
I had four eyes (two other people) looking at the front springs while I was turning the wheel from lock to lock. The spring was turning (as it should) however, it was binding. It was not turning in the smooth motion that it should. It would turn so far then stop turn more then stop again and again all the way to lock. After I took everything apart and lined it up properly. The spring turned as if it were on a bearing, smooth. This is becuase it is on a bearing. Before, the spring turned as if it were on misaligned gears, you know like when a ten speed bicycle chain is changing gears. But not as harsh.

iR-VTEC2
03-12-2003, 04:57 AM
I fixed my problem

The lug nut on the left tie rod was loose!! that's all it was. That's it.

CivicSiR4U2NV
03-16-2003, 12:47 PM
I

02SilverSiHB
03-16-2003, 04:47 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CivicSiR4U2NV
[B]I

sk2oi
03-17-2003, 02:26 AM
Make sure everything is lubed up.