PDA

View Full Version : 03Black Fiberglass Enclosure

BlackNRedSi
03-10-2003, 09:23 PM
Pics of my 03Si with fiberglass enclosure.... more pictures to come...thanks Chris!

BlackNRedSi
03-10-2003, 09:25 PM
nest part of the fiberglass picture

BlackNRedSi
03-10-2003, 09:27 PM
you guys like the red that goes

BlackNRedSi
03-10-2003, 09:29 PM
used the real nice Alpine setup for the deck!

BlackNRedSi
03-10-2003, 09:31 PM
here are the amps....

have boston z series components up front, and pro series in the back, with tweeters both in the front of the car and the back...let me know what you guys think of the whip!

eric

Glix
03-10-2003, 09:34 PM
I like the amp install and the deck, not to sure about the enclosure though.

-LAW-
03-11-2003, 08:50 AM
looking good , how much did it cost yah for the whole set up ? nice JL

X 2KS2K
03-11-2003, 08:58 AM
Looks like a really tight setup. I don't know much about amp installation, but how will the heat get out if the seats are up?

BlackNRedSi
03-11-2003, 09:03 AM
hey,

i have 3 fans that are running on the amps.....the fans are hidden in the fiberglass, and the fans blow from the right, and kicks out the air to the left...basically the air goes to the trunk....the amps have not 1ce gotten hot or overheated....

im taking more pictures of the car today, get it all cleaned up, you guys will see better pics....

WB,

Eric

X 2KS2K
03-11-2003, 09:10 AM
It all makes sense now :) I'm really diggin the setup.

BlackNRedSi
03-11-2003, 09:13 AM
Thank you man! I really like it myself, i give mad props to the guy that did it....if you all live in the Philadelphia or surrounding area, and you need to get hooked up with a nice system call these people...

Perzan Auto Upperdarby PA
610-734-1234 ask for chris, tell him you saw my stuff on here, hell give you a good price.....

the fiberglass he did for me was all original, he also works on Lambos, Ferraries, Benz, Hummerz, so he really knows what hes doing....

do you have any pictures of your car? i like checking out different systems!

Eric

ssvr6
03-11-2003, 09:21 AM
How do you get your spare out?

Steve

BlackNRedSi
03-11-2003, 09:23 AM
same way as you do, only i have to be more careful....the hump of the fiberglass is pretty strong incase i tap it....

golferjn
03-11-2003, 06:40 PM
nice setup

thaipinoy1
03-12-2003, 12:03 AM
Your dash kit for the head unit looks like it fits pretty flush and matches the silver nice...what kind is it?

BlackNRedSi
03-12-2003, 07:33 AM
i ferget, ill check when i get home tonight...it is a nice setup, we also paited the bottom half silver so it matched everything else near the head unit....

also we put xeon lights in the trunk on either side so it glows red @ nights, and when you close the trunk they go off...real nice effect!

hope you guys like it i do!

eric

CleanBlackSi02
03-12-2003, 08:54 AM
What dash kit is that, and did it come silver? If not, what brand/color paint did you use?

BlackNRedSi
03-12-2003, 09:01 AM
i will let you know what brand it is when i get home tonight....and it came silver....but the bottom part we sprayed silver to match everything else

BSEVEER
03-12-2003, 12:53 PM
Looks like your EP has a big ol' butthole! :eek: I bet it thumps though:D

BlackNRedSi
03-12-2003, 01:27 PM
yeah, now that i look @ it it does look like that! :)

do you guys think there will be a big difference in the sub if i put a JL amp to it instead of the Sony?

the sony works great, unlike what people say about sony amps these are good ones i have had them for about 2 years now and i have no prob with them

just wanted to know if anyone knows if there will be a significant change?

Eric

2fastcivic
03-12-2003, 03:12 PM
im pretty sure a jl audio amp will make a world of difference. not saying anything bad about your sony amp. and find out what kind of dash kit you have. im very interested too and how much was it.

KickerSi
03-12-2003, 05:31 PM
I like your setup. The only thing ithink you should change is the amps. I use to have a sony 1000w amp and it sucked so bad. Blew 2 different SoloBaric L7 b/c it was putting out something that it shouldn't have. If you really want it to slam i recommend a MMATS amp. Those kickass. How long did it take for the system to be put in? 2days, a week, what?

BlackNRedSi
03-12-2003, 09:42 PM
thanks...

my amps are running the sub just fine, i used these amps for my last sytem and they didnt do anything to them....

on the other hand i am looking into getting new ones, but the price will be alot, and i want to put the system on hold for a few months...

i am going to start working on the rest of the car soon....but thank you, that is a MUST do :)

everything was in in a day, it was the fiberglass that took the extra 2 days, so it was all together 3 days...got a really good discount on it cause my brother works @ the shop, and he did it up for me....

wb eric

BlackNRedSi
03-12-2003, 09:47 PM
ok....

if i get a JL amp for the sub, what will i do with the cut out that is for the other amp!?

the jl amp prolly wont fit, what do you guys think!?

check out the pic...

eric

BlackNRedSi
03-12-2003, 09:50 PM
Sorry Guys!!! this is the correct picture i was trying to show yous!!!!

greenguy
03-13-2003, 07:35 AM
Nice install! very clean!
Now....what type of HU mounting kit is that???

BlackNRedSi
03-13-2003, 07:39 AM
The kit was just a regular mounting kit...with a combo of 2 different kinds of silver and a clear coat over top of that...

2fastcivic
03-24-2003, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by BlackNRedSi
The kit was just a regular mounting kit...with a combo of 2 different kinds of silver and a clear coat over top of that...

can you be more specific about the mounting kit?

napapacoda
03-24-2003, 03:00 PM
Could you show pictures of how you installed the rear tweeters. I was thinking about putting component 6 1/2"s in the front and rear as well and wanted to see how it came out. Does it sound better with rear components?

As for the amp situation, if you are content with the sony amps you have right now, why bother spending more money on a new one. As long as it sounds good to you, I wouldnt change it around.

fsugatorbait
03-24-2003, 03:47 PM
If your looking for clarity id go with rear components, if your looking for more of a thump id recommend mounting 6x9's in the rear hatch...its made of about 1 1/2 pressed foam, enough to support the speakers.

hypnoj
03-25-2003, 08:48 PM
Eric,
Your system is nice! Don't swap out your amps. It might be true that other amps are rated better, but when it comes to putting components together it's not always a given what will work good and what won't. If it sounds good now than stick with it, getting JL's or some other amps might not produce what you want for the price you'll pay. You never know what will happen; therefore if it's good now, then stick with it. IMO. Either way it looks great, good job. Now lets work on some performance mods!!!:)
Jim (hypnoj)

BlackNRedSi
03-25-2003, 08:57 PM
Hey thanks jim!

yeah thats what i am doing now on the car....i just bought a borla exhaust, injen intake, and going to go look @ rims this weekend... next week i am going to look into getting struts, and check out to see if a cam swap will do anything good for the engine...any suggestions on a cam swap?

Thanks guys you all been very helpful!

Eric

pimp02
03-28-2003, 05:44 AM
put a cage over speaker (or not) and remove hatch area cover. it sounds way better on mine.i don't need to turn bass up that much.i hear more clear bass and less rattles.

BlackNRedSi
03-28-2003, 07:06 AM
Hey good idea, i will remove the hatch cover, i didnt really think of that...only thing is though, if i remove that, someone maybe able to see though my tint if its daytime, and if they see thou my tint, they maybe able to see the fiberglass...i dont want that, dont need that shyte being jacked...

but i will do a test run, thanks for the suggetstion

eric