PDA

View Full Version : super custom side markers

jo3y
03-10-2003, 10:12 PM
Well one of my back markers got cracked bad (lots of snow, white camaro, ice, you know) Anyway they are tinted now so i figured i had 2 routes to go, a.)honda b.)aftermarket and since honda is about 500 more percent to fix i went all aftermarket style. So this is going to be my setup, Ebay clear sidemarkers tinted with the same tint paint i used before, and superbright red 194 4LED bulbs. These are going to replace the back ones. Heres before and ill post some pics of after

AkronSi
03-11-2003, 07:02 AM
I can't wait to see this when it's done. Let us know what all the steps are.

Prime Si
03-11-2003, 09:23 AM
how much did the lenses run ya, if you don't mind me asking? one of my front ones got cracked somehow. :'(

jo3y
03-11-2003, 03:27 PM
the lenses were about 30 shipped from ebay, they come with orange bulbs too

SHAKEnBAKE
03-26-2003, 02:00 AM
What are those tint pain called? Where did you get them? how much do they cost
Sorry I asked so much, I cracked my right front marker on the highway(fuckin pickup trucks spilling debris). I was considering to get a oem one but they're expensive, so I'm gonna do it your way. Keep us posted.:D
Thanks

jo3y
03-26-2003, 04:43 PM
Ok they are all done and installed and i am very happy with the outcome. They are pure black in the day, they look like they are straight up painted with a gloss paint, as before you could still tell they were a little bit red. But at night they light up even brighter red than before, i am super impressed with the LED bulbs. I am considering doing this to the front also if i can find the same lamps in amber. Ill have pics soon (camera batt dead :( ) To answer questions, the paint is available from hobby stores, it is the model master line, and is called 'transparent black window tint' if you need to know more look up ssvr6's tutorial on the whole process.

SHAKEnBAKE
03-27-2003, 01:07 AM
Uh, where can i find the tutorial? I've search my ass off, but couldn't find it.
Thanks

ssvr6
03-27-2003, 05:16 AM
You apparently didn't search hard enough. ;)

http://ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5243

and

http://www.geocities.com/epcivicsi (go to the How To section).

Steve

BarracksSi
03-27-2003, 07:15 AM
What brand of LEDs are those, and where'd you get them? They don't look like the ones I've gotten.

SHAKEnBAKE
03-28-2003, 03:01 PM
I've got all my stuff today. Paints, sand papers, and side markers. I'll post up my job as soon as it's done.

jo3y
04-02-2003, 05:53 PM
ok here's a pic of the side near dawn (without the lights on) both are tinted but as you can see the front one still reflects light from the flash while the back one stay stealth. I picked up some amber LED's so i might go ahead and do this mod to the front too.:)

AkronSi
04-03-2003, 07:03 AM
That's crazy that your front's are tinted, but still reflect like that.

I like that stealth look on the back! :D

I SELL HONDAS
04-30-2003, 07:40 PM
I used simalar paint on my stock honda "H" 's front and rear looks like black chrome Verrrryy Cooooool! And unique.
Try to post pics soon:cool:

poppasp1ce
04-30-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by AkronSi
[B]That's crazy that your front's are tinted, but still reflect like that.

he hasn't done the fronts yet.