PDA

View Full Version : EP going in for service tomorrow

cbecker333
03-11-2003, 11:43 AM
I have a couple issues with my clutch....

There is a clicking sound coming from somewhere under/behind the steering column every time I launch from a stop (don't say its my keys in the ignition..its not, its father back/down). It happens consistently now, but didn't used to. Also, the clicking has gotten louder. (I think this problem is related to clutch, see below)

The other thing - just started happening today - is now the clutch pedal kinda pops when I let it all the way out. I can feel the pedal sticking slightly, my shoe loses contact because its on its way up still, then the pedal smacks my shoe when it pops out all the way.

Oh, and my cruise hasn't worked since about 8k miles (have 12k now)

I'm thinking of getting a couple rattles looked at but I don't think its worth the time, considering the upcoming midwest ep3 meet! They better have the rest done by saturday!

DownTheHatch
03-11-2003, 12:20 PM
Check your clutch reservoir under the hood for fluid. It may need to be filled or drained to remove bubbles.

This may sound stupid but is your "Cruise Control" button pressed it should have a green light.

Gasp23
03-11-2003, 12:38 PM
On the Cruise Control, just make sure too that your foot is completely off the Clutch pedal, other wise the Cruise Control will not engage.

This happened to me a couple of months ago. And I relized that my foot was on the clutch pedal, pressing very little put pressing.

Hope this helps:)

hamproof
03-11-2003, 01:12 PM
Hey, keep us posted on the rattles. I've a rattle that is coming from the left dash area.

If they manage to fix it, please let us know (me especially). TIA

cbecker333
03-11-2003, 05:52 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. I have a slightly weird addition to make....I swear that, when the pedal "pops" like I previously explained, I can feel a corresponding vibration in the floor just below the clutch/brake pedal. That kinda confirms my suspicion that something is loose or falling apart, given the number of symptoms that seem to be related...is that a fair assumption?

cbecker333
03-12-2003, 05:04 PM
F U C K
!

Fucking knew this would happen....

The dealer couldn't find the clicking sound. I even drove one of their techs around in the car it was dead quiet. Then, driving home from the dealer, THE FUCKER CLICKED LIKE CRAZY....AHAHAHAHAGGHGGHGH

And if thats not bad enough, when I brought the car into the dealer today, I noticed a severe dent in the little under-bumber rear lip (the piece with the cutout for exhaust). Honda fixed it up a little, so that the angle of the dent is less severe, but it still looks like total ass. Does anyone know what I can do to get that plastic piece looking closer to stock? I might be able to post pics of it this weekend...

Anyway, fuck fuck fuck....the end.

hamproof
03-13-2003, 07:01 AM
On the drive home, the rattle (sounds more like a buzz actually) would come on half the time. Almost home and decided to turn around and went to the dealership (out of the way). Took a chance hoping it'll show its ugly head when I'm there.

Service writer was very nice (first time I encountered a nice service writer in the 4 Honda dealerships that I'm familiar with). Took a ride in the car with me. I drove and the buzz was there. But not as obvious. He drove and he could definitely hear it but it was intermittent.

He said he'll check with Honda Tech. and see if they know of a rattling problem. Told him about this board and the various possible sources of rattle.

This morning, the traffic was crawling in metro Detroit. Going about 10mph on the highway (yes!), it was so obvious something was rattling causing the buzzing. Argh!

Fuk it!