PDA

View Full Version : Cold air-feeder tube

stingyboy
07-30-2002, 09:38 PM
check out this thread from the UK type-r board:

http://hondaforums.co.uk/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=4370#4370

i have a k&n typhoon filter, but this extra cold air tube seems like a great idea...whatdoyouthink??

or perhaps a DIY project?!

2k2civicSi
07-30-2002, 10:03 PM
you know i was think about puting that stock tube from the stock air box that came from the front grill back on but i forgot how it went on it would bring a bit of cold air into the intake

David K.
07-30-2002, 10:05 PM
looks easy enough. probably cheap, too.

JSIR
07-31-2002, 06:38 AM
the cold air pipe only feeds about 5% of the filter area max. what about the other 95% - it still sucks hot air. BTW those stainless filters let in just about every dirt particle that passes through the engine bay, not much better than running no filter at all from the last test I have seen. Can't imagine anyone trusting such an expensive engine to a poor filtering part. They are terrible filters. Overall intake looks like a waste of money. You could build a similar system for very cheap and using a K&N filter.

fishboy
07-31-2002, 10:02 AM
they talk different on that board. yeah i say if you do it it is just for looks, that thing is way too small. hopefully they will come out with a cold air extention for you guys with the k&n that want the cold air.

JSIR
07-31-2002, 04:43 PM
until the Comptech unit is released I'm gonna run the K&N drop in filter with a cold air extension on the stock air box, try to run some dryer hose to a cold air source if it fits, I think it may work , gonna try to take it apart this weekend.