PDA

View Full Version : Camber kit required for Pro Kit?

BSEVEER
03-11-2003, 03:59 PM
I know this has been covered before but I never heard a definitive answer. If I get an Eibach Pro Kit (1" drop) will I need a camber kit on the front, rear or both?

02SilverSiHB
03-11-2003, 04:37 PM
Usually when people ask this question in this manner, I assume they are worried about their tires going out sooner than usual. So, I'd say yes to you, get a camber kit

fASTBACK
03-11-2003, 04:50 PM
I have a pro-kit and a camber kit is not needed. I have had the kit on for about 6000 miles if not more. I have not noticed any camber wear on the inside at all. I don't think you need one at all. Big waste of money if you get them for a pro-kit. Any other kit than you should get it.

esmith13
03-11-2003, 08:05 PM
I have been told by two shops, the the camber kits are only needed for a drop of MORE THAN 1.5"

The adjustability of the stock suspension is capable of getting camber adjusted to WITHIN specifications... Not necessaraly to the same as BONE STOCK, but within acceptable standards...

Hope this helps....

Eric

Rueda del Queso
03-11-2003, 09:53 PM
So how do you adjust the camber on a stock, can you without going to a shop?

esmith13
03-12-2003, 07:19 AM
I believe that you need a 4-wheel alignment at a shop to do it...

I'm not exactly sure what you need to adjust or if some $50,000 machine is necessary....

But you DO need a four wheel alignment for any drop over 0.5".

Camber Kit is only needed for 1.5" or more and STILL need a 4 wheel alignment when done....

Hope this helps..

Eric

TrippZ
05-08-2003, 05:34 PM
i'd hate to bring up an old subject, but how do the stock shocks fair with a pro kit? im really looking towards this because it doesnt require a camber correction kit

02TafWhtSi
05-08-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by TrippZ
i'd hate to bring up an old subject, but how do the stock shocks fair with a pro kit? im really looking towards this because it doesnt require a camber correction kit

I've had mine on since August of 2002 (almost 6000 mi) - no problems whatsoever! Maybe a tiny bit bouncier in the last month but nothing dramatic.