Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    slowcivic4now

Thumbs up anyone run their Si yet?

Like the topic says, anyone run the 1/4mi yet? I don't own a 02 Si but would take one anyday hehe just any $$$ yet. I sat in one the other day and I was like such a nice car...have yet to test drive one though since that one was in the showroom...anyways, great site! So let's see those times eh?!

4u2nv
    ran mine when it was stock. got a 16.4 the sock tires suck. havent gone back since i started my mods

slowcivic4now
    Originally posted by xlr8
    ran mine when it was stock. got a 16.4 the sock tires suck. havent gone back since i started my mods
    yeah that's true, most USDM Hondas do come with shitty tires.

4u2nv
    yeah i tink the 215/40 17 toyo t1s tire should hook up better

i ran mine with just the injen intake and stock wheels and clicked off a 15.84@86... After that, I put a header and 18" wheels and have not been able to get back in the 15's... Oh well, guess i need more mods...:)

slowcivic4now
    Originally posted by miamijdm
    i ran mine with just the injen intake and stock wheels and clicked off a 15.84@86... After that, I put a header and 18" wheels and have not been able to get back in the 15's... Oh well, guess i need more mods...:)
    those 18in wheels are killing your times man(i'm sure you know), you should try some lightweight wheels with good tires...who already makes headers for the EP3?

yeah i know the 18's are slowing me down, that's why I bought oz superleggera's.. they weigh about 17lbs each... By the way, the header i used is an HP from the base RSX.. it fit perfect... thanks

4u2nv
    realy 215/ 40 are alittle off, but so are 215/45 each are off by a very small amount so it was just a preference of lower profile. i probably could have done better then 16.4 but i had never been on a drag strip before. i thought it was ok for a beginner

ephatch member
    I ran my stock si down at englishtown raceway and it ran a 16.860. i was kinda disapointed everyone expected to much. Basatrds

When you race the si can u bounce the gears to redline ?

Originally posted by mixedupneko
    I ran my stock si down at englishtown raceway and it ran a 16.860. i was kinda disapointed everyone expected to much. Basatrds

When you race the si can u bounce the gears to redline ?
    i shifted mine at about 7000 rpm.. was your run in shitty weather? i ran a 16.10 with 18" wheels... there must have been some humidity problems when you ran.....

15.692 @87.09 mph Great Lakes Dragway

stock everything, just disconnected the intake hose from the airbox.

Also my buddies GTECH registered my car at constant 15.6's

:D

slowcivic4now

Thumbs up

Originally posted by rocket_civic
    15.692 @87.09 mph Great Lakes Dragway

stock everything, just disconnected the intake hose from the airbox.

Also my buddies GTECH registered my car at constant 15.6's

:D
    that's one of the better times I've seen as on most other boards they're around low 16's...was that run when your car was lowered, or before the drop? btw, how does disconnectin the intake hose affect performance? I never heard of that before.

NetDragon
    Have not run mine yet. But looks like me and my house mates will be going down to Laguna Seca in Januray to rent thre track for a day. That is not for another 6 months but I think I will know my Si well enough to run it good. I am not going to replace the tires untill these ware out. But the tires can;t be THAT good if I can cherp them in 3rd gear. My quesrtion is, are there nice grippy all weather sport tires for those stock 15" rims? I really can not afford to buy nice rims any time soon so I thought I would just go for nice tires. Thanks

kangoljas

Yo Netdragon

I would go for a set of Kumho tire's 712 series tire.

195/60r15 check tires.com

kangoljas

actually dragon make that Dunlop

for about 60.00 a piece

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information