Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ephatch member

Gutted EP3, Sound Proofing and Stereo pics

Hello, Today I spent all day gutting my EP3. Also added some asphault sheeting (dynamat like) and some jute, carpet padding for extra sound proofing. Thought I'd share some pics.

ephatch member

Where's tha Jute?

Contrary to my knowledge, there is already a white carpet padding below the carpet of the my 02 Si... Hope it pays off.

Tommorrow I'm finishing up the padding, putting it back together, working on the wiring of the stereo system, and the LEDs for ambience... planning on ~15 blue, and 10 Red through out the cabin attached to a switche below the driver's side... or maybe I'll use one of the blank switches on the dash... more pics tommorrow. Ocelaris

Oh, for anyone in the DC area looking for dynamat substitute, I bought a 100 sq. foot role, and have about half left, contact me if you're interested, real cheap, like 20 bucks, I paid ~65 for the full roll.

Very thorough.
    How much weight are you adding?
    Are you going to have to take it in to get the SRS reset?

How hard was it to take the door apart?

ephatch member

SRS!?! NOW I get it...

doh... what exactly set that off? taking out the seats? I guess I will have to, unless somebody can tell me howto do it myself. I was wondering why that light came on...

The door was easy following paxie's instructions in his video. The hardest part was getting the damn back seats out... The key is the bolt inbetween the split in the seats... take that out, and then both just pop out...

I think when the harnesses are unplugged, it is as if the airbags were deployed as far as the computer knows.

Someone mentioned a way to trip it for EKs, but the best way would be to take it in to have it reset.

i have the same problem . SRS light is on all the time , when i put in my system i took off the seat wiring it .. i brought it to Honda Yesterday and they cant reset it , the tech said they have 4 programs but all of them didnt work .. so i have bring it back monday because they said they have to call the Honda hotline or something like that ... so hopefully it will get fix ...:(

nice pics

gutted looks cool:D I would've driven around like that for a few days before assembling everything back together.

ephatch member

some more pics

Here's a pic of the speaker ring in the door... 1/2" MDF fits perfectly

ephatch member

LED wiring

Here is the wiring of the LEDs that run along the panels to the back, I untwisted a cat5 wire (solid 24gauge or 22?) and have the resistors and the LED holders hot glued in place... contrary to popular belief, hot glue guns are man's best friend :-)

ephatch member
    here is how the LEDs look while off, just a translucent plastic cover drilled through the panels and hotglued in place.

ephatch member
    here is a pic of both blue and red LEDs... I will take pics of what they look like in my car if anyone's interested, there is a seperate switch for each light next to the e-brake. ocelaris

Originally posted by LAW
    i have the same problem . SRS light is on all the time , when i put in my system i took off the seat wiring it .. i brought it to Honda Yesterday and they cant reset it , the tech said they have 4 programs but all of them didnt work .. so i have bring it back monday because they said they have to call the Honda hotline or something like that ... so hopefully it will get fix ...:(
    hey law keep us updated to the srs light situation...i have the same problem. I brought my car in last week for its scheduled maintenance and they couldnt reset the lighjt and said i had to reschedule so they could do a system check.

Re-setting SRS light

I followed the instructions here and it worked for me. Mine light came on coz' I disconnected the airbag plug on the steering column and started the engine.

Link to RE-SETTING SRS LIGHT

You don't have to buy the connector. I used a paperclip and it works. Helps to have 2 people doing it. One to tell you when light is flashing and the other plug and unplug the paperclip.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information