Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    creator of ephatch DownTheHatch's Avatar

eBay Rear Strut Bar

This thing is just an all around great improvement in handling for the price, you can't beat it.

Price: 10
    Quality: 8
    Performance: 9
    Weight: 8

ephatch member
    my ebay rear bar cost me $20 shipped. I honestly thought that it would be just for show. Much to my surprise I achieved performance; I really did. I used extensive before and after trials with different people, and all are agreed that handling and stability had improved (even the skeptics). Best $20 bucks I've ever spent.

I concur with the above reviews. Would rate a bit lower in the quality though, especially since you need a rubber mallet to get the brackets on

I also concur with the above reviews. I would rate quailty lower since the brackets are not easy to install (a rubber mallet might have helped ;)).

mygirlhasaSI
    just got one in today for my gf's car, it fit perfect. 10 min install start to finish. definetly stiffened up the rear
    -jonathan

yeah... best $20 for performance. The car handles more neutral now. But it took me awhile because I drilled holes on the plastic covers.

uhm....do they come with instructions? because...i would like to know if anyone had a hard time with any specific part....that way i wont have to learn by exp.

Originally posted by plainol2k2si
    uhm....do they come with instructions? because...i would like to know if anyone had a hard time with any specific part....that way i wont have to learn by exp.
    No, they don't come with instructions. Pretty sure you can get enough info on ephatch. Some people had to drill the bracket/mounts, but I didn't have a problem with mine. I got mines from btnz on eBay. And no, I am not btnz and I am not getting any commisssion from advertizing for him/her. Just passing the info to others.

thats where im getting mine tooo...but this particular one im getting is 5 bucks cheaper than all the other ones.....WHATS up with that? its making me suspicious. hehe its 7.99 rather than the 12.99

I got mines for 7.99 excluding shipping, nothing is wrong with it. Just alittle different from the picture. The picture has 3 bolt holes, but we only need two and mines came with only 2.

I think the reason of a price difference is because there are 2 sellers selling em. one for 12.99 and the other for 7.99. if i remember correctly, the person who is charging for 12.99 is also charging for in-state tax. so that gives u another reason to buy from the 7.99 one, which is btnz.

but i did a search on his products...and he has them for the OTHer price too.....im scared because he has had some bad reviews. but other than that....yay:D

Originally posted by plainol2k2si
    but i did a search on his products...and he has them for the OTHer price too.....im scared because he has had some bad reviews. but other than that....yay:D
    I dunno what you are searching under, but I searched through "civic si" and I looked through all the pages (went through pretty fast) and a few strut bars. Btnz is selling theres for 7.99 and autobacs is selling for 12.50+tax. I can't find any 12.99 under Btnz. The picture in autobacs's auction is what I got when I won my bid through Btnz, it has 2 bolt holes. The pic in his auction has 3 bolt holes.

As for feedback on eBay. Hey, no one is perfect, a few bad feed here and there ain't that bad. I bought from him and it's cool, others her did also, no problem there. Only problem you might get is when the bar is shipped to you is that the bar might be damage since it only comes in a box with no foam, bubble, newspaper, etc. Only comes wrap in a 3-5mil plastic over the bar. Oh, lets not forget about shipping. People get lazy and delay alittle on shipping the item out. So if you aren't in a hurry on getting it then you should be okay. Well, besides the packing of the bar. You might can ask him to pack the box better.

If anymore questions, bring this over to PM

Here is what I found

btnz 7.99 price:
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...0&goto=newpost
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33591

autobacs 12.50 + tax
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6767
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6767
    Last edited by raiyo; 04-07-2003 at 01:14 AM.

I felt no performance gain and after a quick run through my fav canyon the cheasy bar was tweaked. The mounts were slightly bent along with the bar itself. I threw the damn thing in hte trash.

Originally posted by Suk02Si
    I felt no performance gain and after a quick run through my fav canyon the cheasy bar was tweaked. The mounts were slightly bent along with the bar itself. I threw the damn thing in hte trash.
    Let the truth be heard, that's some funny sh#t. On my other ride, after a car wash i'd use to hang my rags to dry on it.

Any installed pics? I would like to see what it looks like in before I buy it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information