Close

Fuel Injekted

EP3 with a Roots SC

I think this would be a decent/simplistic combo at 7psi, however I dont see this netting consistent 13's at the track, and for 3000USD (im Canadian so its even more here) I dont think its worth the money since youll essentially be putting down numbers only slightly higher then the Type-S powerplant

What are your thoughts on a simple roots type SC? With bolt-ons and slicks are mid-high 13 slips reliably possible? I wouldnt want to go with a forced induction system only to net a 14sec slip My friend could not break 13 with his SC 2000 SI

Mods, sorry this may be in the wrong section, but it IS discusion and this area gets the most traffic...Thanks :)

ssvr6
    Yes, it is a discussion, but I'm moving it to the Boost forum.

:)

Steve

Re: EP3 with a Roots SC

Originally posted by Fuel Injekted
    I think this would be a decent/simplistic combo at 7psi, however I dont see this netting consistent 13's at the track, and for 3000USD (im Canadian so its even more here) I dont think its worth the money since youll essentially be putting down numbers only slightly higher then the Type-S powerplant

What are your thoughts on a simple roots type SC? With bolt-ons and slicks are mid-high 13 slips reliably possible? I wouldnt want to go with a forced induction system only to net a 14sec slip My friend could not break 13 with his SC 2000 SI

Mods, sorry this may be in the wrong section, but it IS discusion and this area gets the most traffic...Thanks :)
    Is the roots type the same as the one coming out on the JRSC? If so, you could expect about a 40% increase in power. Breaking into 13's definitely depends on the driver and what other mods are on the car. I would not say it's impossible.

With a 40% increase in power, he should hit high13s / low 14s. ( will break 13s for sure with slicks)

If you want to go with F/I , I'd go Turbo.

Yes, a roots type blower is what Jackson Racing uses. I'd say it would be stretching it to say high 13s at 6 or 7 psi, but I don't know how your K20 will react (compared to a B16).

what i like about my jrsc on my 99 si is that the power is so smooth (not incredible). I usually tell people it feels like having a V6 in my civic. Once again, it isn't incredible power but definitely nice to have for daily or spirited driving. I like that with a blip of the throttle I can go from 10 in Hg vacuum to 5 psi boost in a fraction of a second.

Whether or not someone should get a supercharger or turbo should be up to what their goal is for the car (power, reliability, drivability, ...)

If I could do it over again. I would get a turbo.
    Jason

k20a3 with the JRSC is going to be a mid 14 second car. It wont break into the 13s with only 180whp. The car weighs too much, you are gonna need more pwoer to dip into the 13s. IMO JRSC is NOT the way to go. The price compared to the power you get is ridiculous

Thread Information