Close

View Poll Results: New Si, Hit or Miss for Honda?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hit

14 82.35%
  • Miss

3 17.65%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Its miss, I see a lot of dealerships around here that cant get rid of them.

Idonthaveahatch;

I think it's too early to say wether it's a Hit or Miss still. They've only been out a little over 2 months. Judging by the interest and new owners here, I think it may become a hit, it will just take time to get there.

I think we should wait at least until say "November" to see if the car is a Hit or Miss.

p.s. It's a huge HIT for me, I waited 2 years for Honda to bring back the hatch and they finally did it.

Originally posted by SBC31
    Idonthaveahatch;

I think it's too early to say wether it's a Hit or Miss still. They've only been out a little over 2 months. Judging by the interest and new owners here, I think it may become a hit, it will just take time to get there.

I think we should wait at least until say "November" to see if the car is a Hit or Miss.

p.s. It's a huge HIT for me, I waited 2 years for Honda to bring back the hatch and they finally did it.
    True True I shouldnt jump to conclusions, you are right, Id buy one but I think the price is just to outrageous for a hatchback. I think they should be around 16K not 19.

The Ass Shaker Mod DJQuikFingaz's Avatar
    Yea, give em a chance to show their true colors. I personally, love them.

punkdork
    Its weird... I think I've got the only one on the east side... I haven't seen ANY in the seattle area other than the one I'm driving.

ephatch member
    thats true has not been enough time yet, look at the RSX it wasnt embraced very quickly but it grew on people(there arnt that many RSX's now that its been a year, then back in 94 when they released that previous style integra). An example of a car that was an instant hit is the new celicas, when first released with in like 4 months they were everywhere. BUt i love my si, dont get me wrong jus cant wait till our aftermarket hits

punkdork
    Originally posted by IceD out N CALI
    thats true has not been enough time yet, look at the RSX it wasnt embraced very quickly but it grew on people(there arnt that many RSX's now that its been a year, then back in 94 when they released that previous style integra). An example of a car that was an instant hit is the new celicas, when first released with in like 4 months they were everywhere. BUt i love my si, dont get me wrong jus cant wait till our aftermarket hits
    New Celicas and instant hit?!?! They are FUGLY to me.

archer2332
    I agree with some of you guys saying give it some time to grow on people. When people start seeing more and more on the roads they might change their minds about the car. I know a couple of people have told me how they like the car now and it looks better in person.

Originally posted by Idonthaveahatch

True True I shouldnt jump to conclusions, you are right, Id buy one but I think the price is just to outrageous for a hatchback. I think they should be around 16K not 19.
    Well in Canada the 02 SiR (Si in the US) is a little over 16K (taking the exchange rate into consideration)

Guess the UK simply loves Canada...lol!
    Last edited by SBC31; 06-19-2002 at 08:26 PM.

ephatch member
    Idonthaveahatch, you really should talk to some dealers regarding price. I doubt you'll get one for 16K, but 17.5 should be possible, especially if they have a few on the lot.

Originally posted by IceD out N CALI
    An example of a car that was an instant hit is the new celicas, when first released with in like 4 months they were everywhere.
    Interesting, the Celica here in Canada is a "Miss" for Toyota. But they still have hope if they put a real engine in it.

...phone's ringin' Dude.. 02TafWhtSi's Avatar
    No offense to the Si but if Toyota placed the GT-S around $20k instead of $23-24k thats what I'd be in know. Styling is really dramatic and eye-catching especially w/ the rear wing, can't go wrong w/ a car that weighs in at 2550 lbs, and an 8000 redline w/ 180 hp - awesome.

tricky
    I say give it time, it's like fine wine....just gets better with age, that's when you know it has lasting power and will grow gracefully, not like cars with immediate eye-candy, and people get sick of fast. I own a coupe by the way and i love both. The potential is definetly there though for the hatch, to become a monster...:D

SilverArrow
    I think it is a big hit. Com' on...it's a Civic SI. It's a brand new body style. It's pretty quick in my book, espically for being a 4 banger. It's just plain old cool!

Where I live. They are ALL SOLD OUT. Completely. You cant even order one. Gone. Sold out. none. SO many people stop and look at my car while its parked. What does that tell ya? And its STOCK.

As for the price, dont forget that the car IS made in Swindon, England. That's pretty far way huh? Not to mention the car is engineered SO much better than most cars out there. Haven't ya'll noticed?

The car's hp is due to two things. The fierce emissions control and cas prices in the UK. And #2, Honda does NOT want any of the K series engines upstaging the RSX-S.

The K20 has 1 5/8" exhaust piping, a super shitty airbox and a 4 into 1 header that probably does not scavenge very well. change those things and ye shall see :D.

Miss? hell no. I would NEVER get a ford or a VW or any other car as NO other car manufacturer has the reputation for excellence as honda does.

Honda does not play follow the leader. They're in control and basically influence the way that other car manufacturers engineer their automobiles.

I'd take a celica tho : ) Those are sexy and toyota is also bad ass.
    oh and I got my 2k2si for 21.5

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information