Close

WTF are you lookin @!? BlackNRedSi's Avatar

Empty button hole

Hey guys,

we all know that all of our EP's came w/o a cigargette lighter, but honda was nice enough to leave a blank hole cutout for us....

i am not going to put a starter button in, cause frankly there is no reason to, the key hole works fine...

i am not going to put a NOS button in, cause well, i am not going to get any nos...

so the last thing i could think of is to put a cigerette lighter back in where it should go...

i am not a smoker, but come one honda! it looks sooo stupid on our cars w/o that hole being used....

does anyone know if there is anything special i am going to need to get a cigerette ligther in this hole?

Thanks guys!

Eric

i tried to do this a couple of months ago and couldn't find anyone that could help. i was looking for a relatively easy parts addition and connection but htat didn't pan out. the dealer could only provide a cig lighter for the bottom. i removed the panel and investigated, it looked too difficult to mount. there was just a hole and no way to mount the stock honda lighter to the panel. i also couldn't find any convienient power connector wires to tap. i considered moving the bottom cig lighter up, but that too seemed troublesome. good luck.. i gave up and just plug my cell phone into the bottom lighter with an adapter.

you may want try the JDM/UK parts houses because i believe that these models come with a lighter in that spot.

iight, that is what i am going to do, if it kills me i am going to get a damn lighter in there! :)

thanks man!

E.

I have a accesory socket in that position. You can pick a socket up at Radio Shack that fits in the hole nicely. It does require a small amount of material to be sanded away from the diameter of the dash hole. There is plenty of room behind the socket for the plug. The only dificult part is taping into the cig lighter down at the bottom of the dash and running the wires past the shifting mechanism.

The best thing to do

with the empty hole is to relocate the hazards over to the right (US cars) and put in a home-made HOMELINK in the left hole.

2 problems:

1. Hazard will not fit in the right hole.

2. RatShack doesn't have a switch (momentary on switch) that fits in the left or right hole

I seldom use the hazard but I use the garage door opener at least twice a day. Everyone clips it to the visor. It looks stupid IMO.

Vacant hole

I actually have my alarm light mounted in that odd empty button. I used a drill to carve out the right size, then glued the LED flush with the plastic.

I have heard many comment on how it looks like it's Stock. :)

-=speck=-

I really really want to put a garage door opener button there.

GOOOOD idea

i thought that the cig lighter was an option for this car?

It is, you just insert it into the existing hole.

bseever - i checked out the accessory cig lighter for our car at the dealer and it looked like it was missing something. there didn't seem to be a way to mount it (especially after pulling the dash apart and checking out the hole on the right side) it also looked like moving the hazard from the left to the right side was not going to work... the panel has considerable support behind the switch on the left that the right side lacks. please let us know how you achieved this because i know that i am interested in pulling off this mod. thanks!

usdm cig lighter DONT fit in that hole
    tried that on day one of owning my car :)

i am getting a piece of plexi for that hole
    than putting a mini shift light behind it ;)

bling bling

Originally posted by glw
    bseever - i checked out the accessory cig lighter for our car at the dealer and it looked like it was missing something. there didn't seem to be a way to mount it (especially after pulling the dash apart and checking out the hole on the right side) it also looked like moving the hazard from the left to the right side was not going to work... the panel has considerable support behind the switch on the left that the right side lacks. please let us know how you achieved this because i know that i am interested in pulling off this mod. thanks!
    I was talking about the accessory outlet in the center console. I thought you could just put a lighter in there...No?

Dayum! That is tight! I really wanna do that now! what is some other cool thing that could go in that place... OOO! A SWITCH FOR SOME LED Windshield washers! ;)

Thread Information