Close

ephatch member

Could someone explain toe?

I thought that toe was the distance your tire was from the axle/midline of the care etc. Is that true? I had my tires aligned after lowering at put into spec. I have the print out to show it, but sure enough it doesn't seem like all my tires are fitting into the wheel wells right (namely driver side rear) I want to lower my car further, but I don't see how it will be possible with the tire sticking out beyond the wheel well like that. What should i do? Can I bring it back in myself? The tire size is 215/R17/40. I want to lower to 1 finger (I'm 2 fingers up front and 1.5 in the rear on GC's). Any advice? thanks.

Toe is real easy to explain. Imagine you're looking down at your feet. Toe in is when your toes are closer together than the rest of your feet. Toe out is where they're further apart than the rest of your feet. The same can be said about your wheels. Toe in is where the front of the tires are closer together to one another (when viewed from above). Toe out is the exact opposite (rear of wheel is closer together than front).

Post your specs on the alignment and we'll be better able to tell where the problem may lie. It doesn't sound like it's the toe. More likely camber.

Thread Information