Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Cold Blooodeeddd!!!!!

love the drop yerd

you know you could probably keep it like that if you wanted. you would have to roll the fenders though and that could get ugly. but man, i love the way you have the stance set up. it rides alot different than it did when it was stock huh. i miss my stock ride, but it just dont get the looks like a slammed one does.

I'd say it's probably about a 3 inch drop, the rear coilovers are dropped all the way and i still have about an inch farther to go in the front...wouldnt be able to drive it but it would look bad ass. I also thought about rollin the fenders but like ya said it probably could get a lil' messy any tips? unfortunatly im gonna raise it up to bring some of the clearance problems to a minimum...but hopefully ill only have to go up about a 1/4 in. in the front..also the PIAA fog installation was a snap only thing that was a pain in my ass was cutting out the grill i had to buy a dremel to do it but all in all it wasnt that bad..

All by the way my tires are 215/40/17.

nice car. nice pics

Cold Blooodeeddd!!!!!

yep

im runnin the same size tires you got and i only have a 2" drop (progress). i havent run into any clearance issues but man am i getting some bottoming out. shit sounds like a huge hammer hitting the roof of the fender well. your rig looks good like it is but i cant see how it could be good to ride around like that everyday. raising it back up seems like the logical alternative cuz otherwise (by otherwise, i mean rolling the fenders) youd be spending some heavy duty chedda. plus its not really worth it unless youre running airbags or something and thats bunk. i gotta replace bumpstops in mine cuz i think they are split. hell, screw it. id rather ride around lowered than look like a four by four. yerd me.

Great looking ride homie.

Check it out. I did very similar things to my ride (our rims are almost the same even). I have ground control coilovers over some koni yellows. But check it out--I too dropped the car about 3 inches when I first installed everything just for the hell of it. I didn't have clearance problems--but I bottomed out my shocks like a MOFO. Since then, I raised it back up so that it's about a 2 inch or 2.25 inch drop. When I installed the ground controls and konis, the GCs sat on the LOWEST perch on the konis... so I had to redo the suspension--but I only redid it in the rear. Now I can go up another inch or so, and down a billion inches. I'd highly recommend what I did to mine--but most of all, make sure you're not damaging your suspension and other components... By the way, here's my ride www.bretgorden.com/civicsi.html
    Last edited by CivicSiR; 03-25-2003 at 07:02 PM.

Thumbs up

i like your drop

SiNi$t3R
    I like it man! good job

Skunk2 coilovers

I put the skunk2's on my car as well but the front is no where near as low as yours. I wanted the front end lower but the shop said that if i went any lower I would be riding on the bump stops. I thought that I might have gotten the wrong kit but I called skunk 2 and showstoppers and they both said that I got the right kit. This sucks, i wish mine was that low in the front. I've got the rears all the way down. Do you remember what the package said on it when you got the coilovers? Mine said it was for the 01+ civic coupe or 02+ RSX. Oh well, your car looks great. Keep up the good work.

Your car looks hoT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks man...yeah my skunk 2 box said 02+ civic si....thats weird the shop that installed mine said that it would go another inch but wouldnt be driveable....i think i might lower it all the way this summer just for some pics...ha

Thumbs up

:p nice ride :p

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information