Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SiNi$t3R

Thumbs up Skunk 2 Type R Shift knob

I've had this shift know ever since DEC' and I can tell u guys that i absolutely love it! It weighs 440 grams . Heavy ass all hell for a little thing which is wierd enough for me to buy this product. When i was at the shop lookin at it, I took it out of its nice foam material and dropped it about 2in onto the glass display case. Needless to say the dude at the shop wasnt pleased cuz I cracked the glass a bit. But I said "what the hell!" and bought the damn shift knob. Whenever I hear People saying "This shift knob or that shift knob is going to help ur shifts", I use to think that is total F#*@!N bullshit. But once I screwed this on, I'm never goin to look back. My shifts feel smoother than ever . Better than that damn MoMo knob that costed me an arm and a leg. Shit I dont care if this damn knob is welded to my shifter. I dont think ill ever take it off. ..... well except when i show my buddies and unscrew it . They usually have to examine it for a long time cuz the damn thing is so heavy and its strange.

I drive a Rice Rocket RacingCivicSi02's Avatar
    Looks nice.

picture me rollin - 2pac toe knee's Avatar
    yeah i borrowed my friends for awhile. The shifting is really smooth. :) Thumbs up.

joshua

Talking

nice man i just bought that same one and i love it yeah it feels so heavy but really weighs less than a pound it is a bad ass shift knob

ephatch member

Thumbs up

looks good

hey i got the same knob, the weight of it definitely makes shifting easier, its really nice, got mine for $38 off ebay

Thumbs up

yup, i have the same one. it's tight, but on really cold or hot days it's a bitch!

SiNi$t3R
    Originally posted by Brenetics
    yup, i have the same one. it's tight, but on really cold or hot days it's a bitch!
    Yeah they will get u on hot days/

Just picked one up this weekend and i'm shocked. No one believes me when I tell them it made shifting so much smoother. It's a lot smaller than I thought it was and the pics don't do it justice.

SiNi$t3R i found a way to hide that nut on the bottom and have the shift boot go right up to the knob.
    What you do is take out the whole shift boot panel, then screw on the nut that came with the knob. Then take the chrome ring that was attached the to stock shift knob and put it upside down on top of the nut (so that the clips on the chrome piece is facing down) Then reassemble the bottom panel and screw on the knob.
    The chrome ring will hold up the shift boot so there won't be a gap between the boot and the knob. I'll post pics when i get my digicam back from my GF.

WTF are you lookin @!? BlackNRedSi's Avatar
    how much was it? where you get it? i want one!

Eric

I was interested in getting the same knob. I was wondering though, is the Skunk2 etched in or is it just a sticker I can remove? Thanks

Thumbs up

its engraved looks good

Originally posted by i-WERKS
    Just picked one up this weekend and i'm shocked. No one believes me when I tell them it made shifting so much smoother. It's a lot smaller than I thought it was and the pics don't do it justice.

SiNi$t3R i found a way to hide that nut on the bottom and have the shift boot go right up to the knob.
    What you do is take out the whole shift boot panel, then screw on the nut that came with the knob. Then take the chrome ring that was attached the to stock shift knob and put it upside down on top of the nut (so that the clips on the chrome piece is facing down) Then reassemble the bottom panel and screw on the knob.
    The chrome ring will hold up the shift boot so there won't be a gap between the boot and the knob. I'll post pics when i get my digicam back from my GF.
    why don't you guys just get the JDM shift boot that comes with the silver thing? It would look better, not expensive either, only about 46 bucks: JDM Shift boot

WTF are you lookin @!? BlackNRedSi's Avatar
    I don

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BlackNRedSi
    [B]I don

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information