Close

huh! what was that noise? mental's Avatar

ingalls camber kit...

okay i dont know much about actually puting a wrench to a car... but! i am willing to learn if some one will speak up and help...
    my question is... the ingalls front camber kir for our cars looks like nothing more than a couple a bolts and 3 washers on each bolt... well if this is true why should i spend like 40 something dollars on this shit when i could go to hardware or auto parts store and get just about the same thing for like a nickle a piece... well... and as for the rear camber kit any one know where this kit could be purchased for a half way reasonable price(cheap) or does the front and rear come together cuz that would help alot!

I drive a Rice Rocket RacingCivicSi02's Avatar
    i got the front and back for 138 on groupbuycenter.com. You can buy the front and the rear seperatly.

ssvr6
    The bolt in the front has a "lobe" on it. When tightened, it adjusts the camber.

It's on the right hand side near the head of the bolt.

Steve

huh! what was that noise? mental's Avatar
    ahh so it seems... you guys are so smart... thanx

Good photo, but $40 or more for this front camber bolt seems like a lot especially since IMO you don't need it. However, you do need a rear camber kit.

ssvr6
    Here's the best deal out there for F&R.

http://www.importhorizon.com/ingallshondacivic.html

$39 for the Front
    $117 for the Rear

Shipping = $0.00

Gotta love that.

Steve

Originally posted by HondaMan
    Good photo, but $40 or more for this front camber bolt seems like a lot especially since IMO you don't need it. However, you do need a rear camber kit.
    actually some will need the camber kit, if they want to get more negative camber (even after lowering), or want to correct the camber after lowering. I was always told that the front doesn't change, but a few have actually gone to have an alignment after lowering their car only an 1 1/2" and they have some negative camber (Which some may not want after lowering).

Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

actually some will need the camber kit, if they want to get more negative camber (even after lowering), or want to correct the camber after lowering. I was always told that the front doesn't change, but a few have actually gone to have an alignment after lowering their car only an 1 1/2" and they have some negative camber (Which some may not want after lowering).
    Hmmm, you really think we need it afterall? Certainly not as important as the rear...

Originally posted by RacingCivicSi02
    i got the front and back for 138 on groupbuycenter.com. You can buy the front and the rear seperatly.
    Which vendor on Groupbuycenter?

Originally posted by HondaMan

Hmmm, you really think we need it afterall? Certainly not as important as the rear...
    I don't think we need a camber kit for the front, but if you want to get it back to 0 degrees then you might want them. I can't remember who, but a few people had posted the specs after lowering. The toe was all screwed up and the camber in the front went to about 1- and that was just for springs like ours. I'm going to get a camber kit for mine, as I want my tires to last as long as possible.

Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

I don't think we need a camber kit for the front, but if you want to get it back to 0 degrees then you might want them. I can't remember who, but a few people had posted the specs after lowering. The toe was all screwed up and the camber in the front went to about 1- and that was just for springs like ours. I'm going to get a camber kit for mine, as I want my tires to last as long as possible.
    Hmmm, ok...I think I'm going to get a front kit as well becuase like you said I want my tires to last as long as possible (I have very exspensive tires). :)

I was one of the people that posted about before and after alignment. The before alignment included the bolts in the full positive camber position (+1 degree). My specs were 0.2/-0.4 degrees. Read this thread for full details: Linkie

The group buy I bought from included two sets of bolts (for a total of +2/-2 degrees of total adjustment), but I only used one set. If anyone would like the second set, I'd be willing to ship them for $25 (I paid $49 for both sets shipped at the time). PM me if you're interested. Although you might want to check Group Buy Center for a better price on a single set. My part # was 1-81280 (3544PR) Ingalls Fastcam 16mm for Mac struts.

Kurtis

you can get the front camber kits from neuspeed.com for $11.52 per side with free shipping...they offer two kits, one that adjusts camber from +/- 2 degrees and one that adjusts +/- 1 degree...given that our car only needs minor adjusting we only need the later kit.

EDIT:these are the ingalls kits.

Thread Information