Close

went to test drive.....$$$ is rediculous

Ok, being in the DFW area I went to Lute Riley honda to see what they had.

All they had was one yellow Si on the floor with 18'' enkei rs6's.

it was red tagged at $20,999!!!!!!!!!

WHY

even worse, there was a silver 02 EX coupe with oem bk, fogs, and 18'' konig verdicts. the only thing else was a front strut bar.
    after the options the price rose to $25000 and some change....

holy lord. next step....drive out to honda dealership in middle of nowhere so I can see a decent price and actually get to test drive.

I've driven the type S....if i were to get the base rsx, i would probably opt for the si instead. rsx is either type s or bust....otherwise its si.

ive been to 2 different dealerships and havent been able to test drive one yet.

honda:2 alex:0

oh and usually when a car is red tagged...its below sticker price?

exceptions of stuff like s2000 however they had a yellow one tagged at 31,000. dunno if thats a good deal or not. some hispanic guy who worked there was driving one and started hollering at me! lol meh

the si drives just like the RSX.

if anything it's a touch more responsive due to the EPS and supposedly stiffer chassis.

it's a blast to test drive, esp if they let you get on it.

they wouldnt let you drive it?wtf

well i think the last person who bought an Si there bought the demo instead of the euro yellow. I guess a few miles wasnt a problem for them....

OR maybe that WASNT the problem....hmmmmm;)

both dealerships had only one left and both were on the showroom floor. I didnt feel like waiting 2 hours for them to get it outside for a 5 minute drive. meh

There for a while these things werent selling for jack, maybe I just wasnt looking hard enough b/c nobody seems to have many around DFW. I might check john eagle or honda of mckinney.....blah blah:o

SiCivic2k2
    I live in Houston, Tx and I'm looking to get rid of my Si. I would like to just transfer the payments, but if you want to buy it make me an offer I can't refuse! :D It has a 6yr\75,000 mile extended warranty along with some minor mods I have done to it. See pictures in the members rides section.

Re: went to test drive.....$$$ is rediculous

Originally posted by !@#$%

I've driven the type S....if i were to get the base rsx, i would probably opt for the si instead. rsx is either type s or bust....otherwise its si.
    I guess you want to drive the top model of a particular name eh? Too bad cause base RSX can be had for less than the civic Si. At least downhere and it comes with 16" rims stock

MagusDC5
    I test drove the first EP3 on my dealers lot unsupervised...even taped it for everyone to see on the net.

They def should be allowing test drives by now, especially with lackluster sales.

i dont think that they wont let me drive it. i think its the lack of initiative from the salesmen/women i dunno, going to another tuesday to look

SiCivic2k2
    They wouldn't let me test drive the one I bought 'till they did a credit check to make sure I could buy it. They said people who are buying the Si's don't want to buy them with a whole lot of miles on them. I agree.

Thread Information