Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I love HONDATA!

ephatch member

I love HONDATA!

Put the ecu back in my car yesterday....Let me just say that it feels totaly different! Way more responsive, more power throught out the entire rpm range...Thumbs up all the way...Next up/// heatshield, and t/b upgrade....

JDM TOOL
    Hondata does make some good ass shit. They are a highly reliable company, just like the Holy trinity of companies. Good work on ur purchase. Its nice to see people buying good mods for there cars :D

creator of ephatch DownTheHatch's Avatar
    Originally posted by Pradamuimui
    Hondata does make some good ass shit.
    LOL sorry I had to laugh at this.

What mods do you have on the engine already?

Originally posted by CleanBlackSi02
    What mods do you have on the engine already?
    according to his profile: Injen cold air race division intake H.P header,Apexi exhaust.

ephatch member
    Yea ... i/h/e/hondata. I love it!... If your going all motor and staying with the a3 ...Hondata is a must--- I have no dyno but I think Im somewhere in the 160whp range..I have the heatshield but have not installed it yet..so hopefully the heat shield and the t/b will put me even higher....Go get it:D

Yeah, Hondata for k20's is really impressive. Well, it's basically the engine it self that is impressive. Good job Hondata.

I've got Hondata for about 3 months an i take it to 7'7k daily so to all u guys worried about it, ill give u an update, every so often. Btw i got the final tune (cus before i just had the beta tune) which was causing detonation problems due to it being too rich).

PS:I heard that they were in the works for a N20 setup. if so, ima have to see how that works out. till then happy revin fellas!

ephatch member
    Dyno that shiznit =P because I've never seen independent dynos with I/H/E showing gains

Originally posted by redronin22
    I've got Hondata for about 3 months an i take it to 7'7k daily so to all u guys worried about it, ill give u an update, every so often. Btw i got the final tune (cus before i just had the beta tune) which was causing detonation problems due to it being too rich).

PS:I heard that they were in the works for a N20 setup. if so, ima have to see how that works out. till then happy revin fellas!
    Ah! They released the final version already? NO more pinging and other problems?

hondata is still $600 flat including the flash and two shipments (pickup and ship out)?

For $595, I'd expect more than just a higher rev limiter on a modified car. There may be a little more peak power (around 5hp), but it's in such narrow power bands that it's not worth it IMHO. The results that JSIR, SmoothOperator, and MyeverlovinSir got were even worse than Hondata's. Also having to switch to 91 octane doesn't encourage me to buy one. I just got my car dyno'd and it showed no detonation with 87 octane on the stock computer, unlike what others have seen. Maybe once people have brought in some independant before-and-after testing, then I'll consider it.

Originally posted by Quicksilver
    For $595, I'd expect more than just a higher rev limiter on a modified car. There may be a little more peak power (around 5hp), but it's in such narrow power bands that it's not worth it IMHO. The results that JSIR, SmoothOperator, and MyeverlovinSir got were even worse than Hondata's. Also having to switch to 91 octane doesn't encourage me to buy one. I just got my car dyno'd and it showed no detonation with 87 octane on the stock computer, unlike what others have seen. Maybe once people have brought in some independant before-and-after testing, then I'll consider it.
    I understand your thoughts...but it isn't just the higher rev limit :)
    I've been using 92/93 octane with my car...no hondata yet. I may go hondata once I get back to the states...so maybe I'll be your guinea pig :)

ephatch member

Re: I love HONDATA!

Originally posted by JEDI-SI
    Put the ecu back in my car yesterday....Let me just say that it feels totaly different! Way more responsive, more power throught out the entire rpm range...Thumbs up all the way...Next up/// heatshield, and t/b upgrade....
    another satisfied hondadata customer

ephatch member
    When I put the ecu back in I did'nt feel a 5whp gain...it was more like when you get i/h/e, about 10-11 extra horses...plus the higher redline...it's awsome...

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information