Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I love HONDATA!

ephatch member
    There is only one flash for the si, The old flash did not respond good to i/h/e....but the new flash is re-timed...and working much better. Myeverlovinsir is waiting for doug from hondata to send him back his re-flashed ecu, once he get's it I'M sure he will let you know his impressions of the new flash......Oh yea, as far as hitting 14s, Klutchrsx from clubrsx is hitting a 14.8 with i/h/e/hondata/heat gasket, with stock tires!.. Mid to high 14s are possible....and yes it is a base....

Originally posted by ADAMnQuickCIVIC

my ass...1 second of 0-60 would be approx. 6.7 seconds...
    over the 1/4 mi that would translate to a mid 14...
    if it truly did that, sure i'd pay $600...
    sorry, 5hp...10hp...shit even 25 hp aint gonna drop a full second off your 0-60mph...
    company's with false claims lose all my respect...
    not to mention companys that dont fully test their product before releasing it for sale... (ie: detonation problems)...
    i've said it once and i'm saying it again...
    just my opinion...
    Thats 1 second off the 1/4 mile time not 0-60, the gain is in large part due to the increase in rev limiter which allows you to finish without having to shift to 4th...I agree with your comment about the 1st flash, but its not like hondata didnt stand behind their product when they found out about the detonation...From what has been posted by the people who had the 1st flash and the service they received to correct the problem I would say that they handled the situation about as well as they could and should be given much respect for that.

my ass...1 second of 0-60 would be approx. 6.7 seconds...
    over the 1/4 mi that would translate to a mid 14...
    if it truly did that, sure i'd pay $600...
    sorry, 5hp...10hp...shit even 25 hp aint gonna drop a full second off your 0-60mph...
    company's with false claims lose all my respect...
    not to mention companys that dont fully test their product before releasing it for sale... (ie: detonation problems)...
    i've said it once and i'm saying it again...
    just my opinion...
    ????
    i guess you've timed it then????????its not just power that changes things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    raise the revs (changes shifting which equals a lot of time wasted), give it a bit more power and ya never know.............
    and your quarter times are off. my old talon ran a 0-60 of 6.6 and a 15 1/4..

Originally posted by ac22

????
    i guess you've timed it then????????its not just power that changes things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    raise the revs (changes shifting which equals a lot of time wasted), give it a bit more power and ya never know.............
    and your quarter times are off. my old talon ran a 0-60 of 6.6 and a 15 1/4..
    your talon was turbo...and probably AWD...
    FWD cars are different...
    mid 6 sec 0-60 = mid 14 in a FWD car....
    all speculation of course because i'd like to know how everyone is measuring their 0-60 mph times...GTech?? lol

your talon was turbo...and probably AWD...
    FWD cars are different...
    mid 6 sec 0-60 = mid 14 in a FWD car....
    all speculation of course because i'd like to know how everyone is measuring their 0-60 mph times...GTech?? lol
    sorry not true.
    the talon was a tsi fwd...and look around, read up in mags whatever you gotta do cause it is very normal for a car with 6.4 to 6.9 to run 15's.
    by the way i verified at the track as well.
    just to give you an idea...
    road and track
    rsx-s 6.7(0-60 )15.2 (1/4)
    celica gts 6.8(0-60 15.4 (1/4)
    gti6.8(0-60) 15.3 (1/4)
    and yes i am aware that these are thier times and some of these cars can go faster but it gives and acurate measurement of 0-60 vs 1/4.
    as for hondata, if everyone who has gotten it is happy with it why not try it??

What are you guys talking about?! The 0-60 times are decreased primarily because a shift is eliminated...and the rest of the decrease is due to the tune. A second better 0-60 doesen't mean a second faster 1/4 mile. I wish it did though.

ephatch member
    Yea, it wont take a full second off your 1/4mile...just the 0-60 time which in return helps you out down the whole track....There's not much els you guy's can do right now, unless you go turbo or nitrous, as for the all motor peeps, just try it , you can get your money back if you dont like it....that easy!

Originally posted by JEDI-SI
    Yea, it wont take a full second off your 1/4mile...just the 0-60 time which in return helps you out down the whole track....There's not much els you guy's can do right now, unless you go turbo or nitrous, as for the all motor peeps, just try it , you can get your money back if you dont like it....that easy!
    If you plan on staying all motor and have $600 to blow, yea it's a good mod (way overpriced), as long as the detonation issue has been resolved.
    I'm just saying there's no way in hell a raised rev limit + "maybe" 5-10 hp will knock a full second off your 0-60 time.
    Impossible.
    Anyone who takes anywhere near a full second to shift, shit anyone who takes more than 1-2 tenths between shifts obviously cant drive in the first place.

ephatch member
    All I can say is that Hondata is awsome....

Hondata? Doug? Represent?

Is there any Dono numbers for this upgrade yet? I would just like to see that stats on this on paper.

Originally posted by siver-SI
    Is there any Dono numbers for this upgrade yet? I would just like to see that stats on this on paper.
    www.hondata.com or more directly: http://www.hondata.com/k20a3civicsirelease.html

I did not know if anyone here had taken it to the Dyno yet. I have seen a lot of tweeking to the numbers so to speek from the manufacturer so I never realy go by their number fully, I like to see what their customers realy get out of the product. When I was big into working on Fords and my buddies and I did upgrades the numbers did not always match when they did the Dyno so that is why I do not trust them always. For an example on E-bay there is some one selling mufflers for are cars and they say just the bolt on muffler will give us 10 more HP.

Originally posted by rick77f

Yes there is only one tune. Hondata ran my car on the dyno again to see what gains were made on my car with I/H/E and stock tune vs I/H/E using the Hondata tune. When Doug finds the time I am sure the results will be posted at Hondata. By the way the dyno sheets at Hondata.com are of my car and An's. You must be new here.
    Hey what's up Rick. Long time no see. :)

Yes, the dyno sheet of the Si with the CAI and DC header is my car. I just got my car on the dyno again last week and I made 158hp and I forgot the torque numbers. Only thing that is new now is a 2.25 crush bent midpipe.

i wanna see some 1/4 mile times with it now

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information