Close

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: I love HONDATA!

ephatch member
    Im hoping to hit the track pretty soon....
    Last edited by JEDI-SI; 04-09-2003 at 11:52 PM.

Hopefully, I'll make it out sometime in May when it opens again.

ephatch member
    Now that the tracks are opening up again ....were about to do it nasty style......

Yes, the dyno sheet of the Si with the CAI and DC header is my car. I just got my car on the dyno again last week and I made 158hp and I forgot the torque numbers. Only thing that is new now is a 2.25 crush bent midpipe.
    EP3GUy,
    Do you have version 2 of the flash? If you got 158hp recently and the graph on the Hondata page was V1...

it still looks like V2 of the flash isn't too good for a modified car. The V1 got close to the 158hp that you got. Did you use different dynos or something? Because it still looks like the Hondata V2 isn't doing too well with I/H/E modified cars.

Originally posted by FailureToStop
    EP3GUy,
    Do you have version 2 of the flash? If you got 158hp recently and the graph on the Hondata page was V1...

it still looks like V2 of the flash isn't too good for a modified car. The V1 got close to the 158hp that you got. Did you use different dynos or something? Because it still looks like the Hondata V2 isn't doing too well with I/H/E modified cars.
    Yes, this was done ont he same dyno that Hondata used. There isn't a "V1" or "V2" flash. I have i/h/b-pipe. I'm sure the muffler would help since the stock muffler is a little restrictive.

ephatch member
    Hey guy's I was just messing around testing some 0-60s. I know its not going to be super accurate , but the best one I ran was a 6.8 on my 0-60 ,and thats with my 200 pound cousin in the in the passanger seat running the stop watch....So give or take a few tenth's....but Hondata is awsome, and does improve your 0-60 times!...;)

SiCivic2k2
    I have been considering getting this done since it came out. Has anyone taken their car to the dealership for any kind of work since they have gotten the ECU? If so, what happens if Honda flashes your ECU and erases the program? Also, how long does it take to get your ECU back once you ship it? Can it be done over the weekend? Thanks! ;)

car-less for now.... 2k2_nbp_egg's Avatar
    You drop your car off and they over night your ecu. Hondata gets the ecu, reflashes it, and overnights it back. Your ecu is placed back into your car on the next day. So about 3 days and 2 nights. I asked around Houston, and carboys suggested PYR to me for hondata, but i've heard shady stuff about them so idunno.

Originally posted by 2k2_nbp_egg
    You drop your car off and they over night your ecu. Hondata gets the ecu, reflashes it, and overnights it back. Your ecu is placed back into your car on the next day. So about 3 days and 2 nights. I asked around Houston, and carboys suggested PYR to me for hondata, but i've heard shady stuff about them so idunno.
    autologic on star road, jason knows his shit alot better then any of those places, off of chimney rock

ephatch member
    I could not get a hold of jason at autologic ...his phone is not working...I went to PYR and delt with Tony....Its kind of a weird place to have a shop but every thing ran smoothly....go get it...:p

Yes, this was done ont he same dyno that Hondata used. There isn't a "V1" or "V2" flash. I have i/h/b-pipe. I'm sure the muffler would help since the stock muffler is a little restrictive.
    Ep3Guy,

?????

I'm not quite following you. I have a "V1" of the flash --- got it on the dyno day that Hondata had @ Church Auto. There is the current flash --- the "V2". The 2nd version of the flash was supposed to fix the detonation near redline, was supposed to be more responsive to i/h/e, and I believe the redline was lowered from 7700.

Did you get your ECU reflashed with the new program when you got that 158HP a couple of weeks ago? Or was the program that you had at your recent dyno the same one as the original? The "original" being the dyno chart currently on the Hondata website.

Originally posted by FailureToStop
    Ep3Guy,

?????

I'm not quite following you. I have a "V1" of the flash --- got it on the dyno day that Hondata had @ Church Auto. There is the current flash --- the "V2". The 2nd version of the flash was supposed to fix the detonation near redline, was supposed to be more responsive to i/h/e, and I believe the redline was lowered from 7700.

Did you get your ECU reflashed with the new program when you got that 158HP a couple of weeks ago? Or was the program that you had at your recent dyno the same one as the original? The "original" being the dyno chart currently on the Hondata website.
    I have the program that got rid of the detonation.

Well then that kinda sucks. Hondata may have gotten rid of detonation but It's still not responding well to cars with i/h/e.

The graph on the Hondata page with the i/h & old flash looks like it tops out at around 156-7hp. Now with the new flash, i/h & a b-pipe the peak hp is 158.

But I guess its OK. The graph with i/h and no flash looks like it is 152-3 hp. So the new flash gives ~+5-6hp and an increase rev limit. But this is well below the 10-12HP that is advertised on the same page. They really should update that page.

that's the graph from the first version of the tune. that page hasn't been updated in ages.

I'm aware that it is of the first tune. That dyno is EP3guy's EP with the first flash.

So when EP3guy comes here and posts that (1) he got 158HP in a recent dyno with (2) the new flash and (3) an added b-pipe and it only got (4) 1 HP more or so difference from the old vs. new flash ===> somewhat disappointing.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information