Close

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: I love HONDATA!

Let's get this correct. This is the pre-fix Hondata flash on a modified (I/H) 2002 Civic Si:

Until I see a new dyno with the post-fix flash, this is what you get. Considering that they admit that they've seen gains of about 2hp on a stock car by just going from 87 octane to 91 octane before adding the flash, the results are even more disappointing.

Yeah, i've always thought that. I hate how they switch octane and then add the flash, why not just do the flash with high octane and see what gains you get from it.

I wish hondata would just supply a rev limiter upgrade for 200 i would be all over it.

you still have to account for timing...can't just rev higher for the hell of it

I totally agree with quick silver about there pre-fix flash release. I'm not going to pay $600 to gain 1HP maybe 2HP over I/H/E setup.

It's nice to get extra 1000rpm but you are not going to rev your engine to 7700rpm on every shift in daily driving. I rather have some more torque and HP till 6000rpm than getting more HP and Tq at the end of the 7700rpm limiter.

I think it's just too expensive for getting extra 1000rpm.

After riding in Rob's (redronin22) EP, I think Hondata is "Sooper thanks for asking!" :p Naw for reals, I think Hondata is sweet, and I'm definitely gonna get it.

Rocky
    Showstoppers USA

JDM Mugen ep coming soon! Kwazie's Avatar
    (noob)...where can you get one and what do i have to do to get it working...:'(

ephatch member
    It's pretty much like this, for anyone here who does not like the graph shown on the Hondata website...just call them and ask them what people think. I can say that when I put my ecu back in my car there was more than a 1-2hp gain ...It felt like I put i/h, back in my car all over again.plus all the way to 7700rpm is amazing...nice hp and tq gains are easily felt within the rpm range...go get it...:D

Being that I have been running a demo version of Hondata(new flash without the imobilizer codes) for the last 2 weeks and will have my reflashed ecu back on Sat. (Doug at Hondata did me a special favour) I can say that it seems almost the same as the first flash. I have not dynoed it yet, but have taken my car to the track with the new flash. My best run was 15.201 and worst was 15.333, very consistant. My downfall is on the tires, I am still running the stockies. I tend to spin so much on the launch. New wider tires will help alot. Then I hope to break the 14's. You are all correct about how poorly it is reflected on a dyno, but in real world conditions it is much more alive. Anyone from T.O. can test out the ECU I have now, as I will be returning it to Neetronics(paul) in Mississauga on Sat. It has imobilizer codes removed so anyone can show up and ask Paul for a test drive with the new Hondata flash. He will be retaining this special ECU for testers only, so you can try it out quickly and see for yourself. I highly recommend it.
    Last edited by myeverlovinsir; 04-24-2003 at 06:55 PM.

agreed. I love the flash so much that im willing to let non beleivers take my car for a spin just to convince em. if u arent convinced then then so be it.

if not Take my word for it an every other person who has the flash. have u heard anyone disapointed to the pointwhere they wanted a refund? nope. then it must be a great product then. U can spend your 600 on a cai an a header an my car will pull on u. or if u had i/h/e u can get a s-afc an if a hondata equpped car had similar mods he would rape u.

Can someone please be exact on what things it has improved in your mind,

Rpm ranges, what gears feel like what, over all ect ect, not just a "it is better" break it down for us please cause i really want it, however i am sceptical.

Originally posted by sniperSI
    Can someone please be exact on what things it has improved in your mind,

Rpm ranges, what gears feel like what, over all ect ect, not just a "it is better" break it down for us please cause i really want it, however i am sceptical.
    Throttle response at ANY rpm is felt much more substantially.
    I/E on the freeway at 5th, when u depress the pedal it imediately dishes out power at below 3500 rpm, vs stock where when u depress the throttle anywhere near 3500 rpm it feels sluggish.
    another example: have u ever raced against someone and bounced off the rev limiter cus u didnt feel it coming? well with the HONDATA u have 900 more rpms to fug around with and that my friends will keep u pulling along while the stock SI must shift.
    Also when u shift at 7700 rpm u land around 5500-6000 vs stock which puts u way back down around 5000 so that extra bump in the power band is very usefull in the upshifts.

pros: Higher red line, better all around throttle response. changes the way the car drives COMPLETLY. Its just like the ol b16's u loved! More top end power(what the stock redline takes out of the car)

cons: um ull redline alot more. u HAVE to use 91 oct. u should use synthetic motor oil. ur gas mileage will decrease a bit mine use to be 28 - 30 ish now its 25 - 28ish doesnt gain much with other mods with it (but thats the case with all mods. the more u have the less effective each new mod becomes)

so the goods definitely outweigh the bad.

if u have just an si with a full cat back and u race a stock with hondata the hondata will own u like no ones business.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread Information