Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NOS question

just wanted to add one thing. u can run a 75 wet shot on a bone stock EP.! no need for fuel rails, pumps, and clutchs.. altho plugs would be a good idea and be better then stock plugs, u can still run a 75 shot on a stock plugs,.

SiCivic2k2
    Thanks! ;)

CreamedCone
    I'm thinking of running nitrous at somepoint, and just wanted to clear up somethings. OK, I know our fuel system is different than previous civics, we HAVE to run a wet kit instead of a dry kit, right? I'm not very familiar with the wet kits, a friend of mine had a dry kit on his 99' EX and I helped him hook it up so that is about all I know about nitrous. So IF I was to get the AEM fuel rail, would that eliminate the need to tap into the intake, could I just hook everything directly up the the fuel rail? I know it has some kind of hook up on it for either nitrous of a fuel pressure gauge(I just read that off of AEM's site) but any input about hooking up nitrous with the fuel rail, pluses, minuses of using the fuel rail. Basically any info would help me out alot.

NXK20
    Yes you would still have to tap the intake even with a fuel rail. But if you do not want to tap anything at all nitrous express has got a new kit out now that is all self contained in the fuel rail. It's is a bit more expensive but probally worth it. Plus its more like a direct port kit so you don't have to worry about one cylinder getting more nitrous than others. They've got it on thier website for 1200 dollars but you could probally get it cheaper somewhere else.

NOS also has the NOSzzle thing. Where they actually replace the injectors with a fuel nitrous piggyback type thing. Not worth it IMO if you're not going crazy, and if you were, just go direct port.
    Just tap the intake and plumb a wet kit right in there no problemo.

-PR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information