Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fondles The 12 Inch
    i have a physics professor with a 60's model camaro but he put his own security device, kinda unconventional though...

He had a steel canister facing outside the driver's side at the feet with a few inches of explosive wire inside attached to a detonater that went off whenever some1 opens the door... it would literally blow the shoes off the crook that tried to open that door. it was a fun idea, maybe if i take more classes i can do something like that.

not with explosives though, you have to own a claim to get that wire... maybe with pepper spray on the roof where that long plastic strip is at... that be fun, till it goes off on me

It was dark out, but the pics turned out pretty good, considering...

Here ya go...

ephatch member
    that looksl ike it would be effective

nice picture.. but i can put it on my brake pedal too... but i find that sorta useless... it's supposed to go on the clutch pedal for maximum efficiency... so that's why i don't even use mine.

Eh... better than nothing--that's how I look at it. They certianly won't be able to drive very well with the brake pedal locked.

Besides theives are not very smart (obviously, or they wouldn't be stealing in the first place) so maybe they won't figure it out. Have you ever seen what some of the thieves do on that America's Wildest Police Videos program? Hilarious!!

Anyway, the whole idea is to make it as hard as possible. It's just an added difficulty for them, and would be easier to take a different car--that's the idea. PLUS, I use this *with* an aftermarket car alarm (with pager), on top of Honda's key-code "frequency" thing. So, that's three layers of protection. They can still steal it, but you would think they would just want to go to the next car, since there's pleanty of vehicles out there with none of that.

As a side note, DO NOT BUY the new Clifford RS-III (RS3) alarm with pager remote. The range BLOWS--big time. I should have spent the extra $200 and got the Compustar with 1.25 mile range. Clifford claims .25 mile range with the RS-III, but it's NOT even close. Dont buy it. Besides the alarm is so bulky it triggers the buttons on my pocket sometimes. You would think the would design it better.

Oh yea, and you only get ONE remote. How lame.

ephatch member
    yup. as long as you make it "more difficult" then the next guys car they will most likely leave your car alone.:)

The other thing to consider is, if they know you have the autolock (by using the steering wheel cover), they won't know if it's on the brake or the clutch, becuase you can't see it from ouside the car very well.

They would have to break into the car first. But just the idea that it's there and you are using it will probably help deter them.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information