Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

thanks for your help

Well I istalled my 2 H's and the flag and I have to say it looks great. I have to say our help made the job easy. The front was a lot easyer then I thought I would be. The clips came off easy and the to pull out the front bumper was a lot easyer then I thought it would be. I just made sure to watch the latch and then I just pulled nice and easy and it came up and over with out a scatch. The rear was very easy with some dental floss and goo gone. Then the flag I just got a flat thin piece of carboard and lined it up with the civic and the marked were it looked like it was centered with using my finder for the measuring and them I marked the carboard and but on the emblem and then step backed and ajusted it a little to get it strait and it went on no problem. I love the install and looks great thanks again for your help.

Glad I could help siver-SI :D

Question

where can i get a red H from
    Last edited by CiViCnBlu; 04-29-2003 at 03:10 PM.

ephatch member
    civic n blue www.showstoppersusa.com tell them ask for chuck tell him Niko from ephatch.com sent you

Re: Pulling the top over the hood latch

Originally posted by hamproof
    I tried a few weeks ago to pull the top over the latch but was unsuccessful. I even scratch a little of the plastic in the process. From your picture, I think see some scratches too from from the hood latch metal rubbing against the plastic :o

Anyway, how much do you have to pull? Isn't it more like pull it towards you then once you clear the hood latch, pull it up??

Funny thing is you have badges to put on but I don't. I was just curious if I can open up that area. :D
    yes, i would like to know if this is the right way of doing it. SOMEONE HELP. do u pull towards you to get around the latch and then lift????

This is what I did after getting it lose I took and put my hands so they were centered on each side of the latch to headlight space. Then I just pulled towards me nice and easy. Then I watched to make sure I cleared the latch and then pulled upward and I was done there. Just make sure you take it nice and easy and do not yank just pull it out nice and easy.

thanks siver-si

Does anybody know where on the ShowStoppers website I can find/purchase the emblems?
    I can't seem to find them anywhere on the site.

Visit me @ K-Series.com Mugen_EP's Avatar
    Originally posted by potator
    Does anybody know where on the ShowStoppers website I can find/purchase the emblems?
    I can't seem to find them anywhere on the site.
    go to the site www.showstoppersusa.com

click on "accessories"

then click on "02-up, Honda Civic Si"

Listed for $69.00

Originally posted by Mugen_EP

go to the site www.showstoppersusa.com

click on "accessories"

then click on "02-up, Honda Civic Si"

Listed for $69.00
    Awesome, thanks. That sure is pricey though... Does anyone know of a place that might be selling it for a cheaper price?

Oh, and by the way, is Goo-Gone a spray or just some grease you have to manually apply? Are there more than one kind of Goo-Gone? I've found a site that's selling a 4 Oz. bottle of Goo-Gone for $2.99 and was wondering if it will be all I need for this emblem installation. (As far as substances go).
    Last edited by potator; 05-27-2003 at 10:02 PM.

Originally posted by potator

Awesome, thanks. That sure is pricey though... Does anyone know of a place that might be selling it for a cheaper price?

Oh, and by the way, is Goo-Gone a spray or just some grease you have to manually apply? Are there more than one kind of Goo-Gone? I've found a site that's selling a 4 Oz. bottle of Goo-Gone for $2.99 and was wondering if it will be all I need for this emblem installation. (As far as substances go).
    $69 is about as cheap as you're gonna find them. Yes it's pricey, but they look WAY better than aftermarket knockoffs. Those are the REAL DEAL off the JDM type-R.
    Click HERE to see a nice close up pic I took of the JDM emblems, next to the stock ones.

And as for the Goo Gone....it's comes in a bottle, and the product itself isn't thick at all. It's as runny as water. I actually didn't even end up needing any.
    Also there's a bunch of emblem installation threads on the board...pic one and away you go!!!

Originally posted by SmoothOperator

$69 is about as cheap as you're gonna find them. Yes it's pricey, but they look WAY better than aftermarket knockoffs. Those are the REAL DEAL off the JDM type-R.
    Click HERE to see a nice close up pic I took of the JDM emblems, next to the stock ones.

And as for the Goo Gone....it's comes in a bottle, and the product itself isn't thick at all. It's as runny as water. I actually didn't even end up needing any.
    Also there's a bunch of emblem installation threads on the board...pic one and away you go!!!
    Thanks a lot man... You've answered all the questions I had about the emblem installation. I'll be ordering them from ShowStoppers within the week. ;) Yeah, the JDM Red Type-R emblems sure look sweet. I'll let you know how my installation goes. Thanks again.

-tator

installed emblems .
    VERY easy.

Great instructions.
    Took me 10 mins total for front and rear.

Thumbs down nono

That is way toooo much work for nothing... Simply pop off the front H and clean the back thing real good... and stick the ne wone on.. why go through all the trouble of takign the grill and the H off witht the back??? i will show a pic of mine

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information