Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

P.s.

How do you post more then 1 pic in a single post?

Pics without the grill part removed

here

closer

:o

Doh, looks like the pictures just went down! Can someone put them back up?? I'm installing my JDM emblems tomorrow. :shockm: :smilem:

*edit* Awesome, it's back up! Let's just hope it stays back up by the time I get to installing them tomorrow! :smilem:
    Last edited by potator; 10-06-2003 at 06:47 PM.

And oh yeah, that's a pretty good point. How is Pinkmilk's method? Does it result in the exact same way? Has anyone else tried this method?

eeh...its not THAT much work at all! just a screw and 8 clips. it actually looks a lot nicer if you just take the whole riser off (IMO) and plus you can take off the JDM emblem if you wanna sell it or something AND i would rather have the emblem sticking to the grill itself which is solid, rather than the riser which is kinda gappy
    Formerly known as Plainol2k2si

I just want mine to be the way the JDM Type-R has it. Does the JDM Type-R also have its emblem on the riser, or does it just sit directly on the grill, with no riser?

I believe it's on the grill. If you do go with the riser method, be carefull. I've seen some with really crappy looking gaps between the emblem and the riser.

Just take the riser off. Like plainol2k2si said, it only takes a couple extra minutes. In fact, I bet it's quicker than trying to get the factory "H" off of the riser and then cleaning the riser and putting the new "H" back on it.

Originally posted by AkronSi
    I believe it's on the grill. If you do go with the riser method, be carefull. I've seen some with really crappy looking gaps between the emblem and the riser.

Just take the riser off. Like plainol2k2si said, it only takes a couple extra minutes. In fact, I bet it's quicker than trying to get the factory "H" off of the riser and then cleaning the riser and putting the new "H" back on it.
    Awesome. Thanks for the info. Yeah, taking the riser off is absolutely no problem for me. The only reason why I was asking was because I wanted mine to be the same way the JDM Type-R has it, that's all. I'll take the riser off when installing the emblem. Hopefully I'll install it later today, I'll post here again after it's done!:smilem:

Talking

Awesome. Just received my JDM H emblems in the mail today and installed them using this great tutorial Akron put up. Other than accidentally losing one of the bumper/grill plugs (which I quickly replaced), everything went super perfect!:smilem: Looks so much better with the JDM emblems now. Thanks again for the tutorial Akron!:smilem:
    Last edited by potator; 10-17-2003 at 07:14 PM.

Can you take out that little section that the emblem screws into so that all you really see is the grill? No "H" at all?

Thanks

Originally posted by 03CivicSi
    Can you take out that little section that the emblem screws into so that all you really see is the grill? No "H" at all?

Thanks
    I think not. If I remember correctly, the portion of the bumper that has the flat surface for the emblem is part of the grill(sp?) itself. It's not another piece attached onto it, like the stock emblem riser. But you might be lucky, and that part underneath might also be removable so I may be wrong. Please do some more searching, I'm sure someone's got the answer. Hope this helps.

potator's right. That section that the stock riser screws into and that the JDM emblem mounts too is molded into the grill. So, you'd be left with an ugly rectangular area there.

Would anyone have the dimensions of these badges. I have a 2003 Civic EP1 and would like theses badges but wont order until I can check if the size is correct.

Nice write up, will def come back later when the time comes

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information