Close

creator of ephatch DownTheHatch's Avatar

Clear Bumper Lens

I got to thinking, wouldn't a Del Sol bumper lens fit our car? they look about the same.

http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/S...fo&i=5062014BL

maybe but i think it looks a bit to small

NEGATIVE, my friend.

I thought of this mod months ago!--but as luck would have it searches revealed the lens on the Del-Sol's bumper are nothing more than REFLECTOR pieces.

The epiphany came about as I was talking to a young lady who owns a Civic Del-Sol with these "reflectors." As she was leaving, I was surprised to see why the bumper lenses didn't light up, though at the time i thought it was probably nothing more than a case of "blown bulbs."

another alternative: You can buy these bumper pieces and crack them open and use just the clear lenses. Anyone have time to try this out?

stingyboy
    i'm not changing mine after all. in CA it's illegal so i want no added attention.

there has to be yellow side markers in the front and red in the rear. the only way some cars get away without them is the yellow is built into the side of the headlight housing in the front and the red brakelight assembly goes around the corner of the car in the rear.

Thread Information