Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    your just talking about the pre-cleaner and polish right? because for the wax your suppose to leave it on for a while. How long do u leave the wax on before you buff it out?

Hey, another Toronto guy! cool.

Anyhow, I bought a tube of ScratchX last week in hopes that it will remove the scratches that are on my car...man, now you tell me it's no good? I'll be damned...#@$%!!!!

The wax you will be able to tell by color and how easy it comes off. The best thing it to test it because the color is diffrent it seems for each color car that I have done and with black I was able to tell by my eye that it was getting dry. Best thing to do though is get you clean towl and after a few see if it is coming off easy if not let it sit longer. Just do a few small test areas. I would say though do two coats of the wax on you will love the diffrence it makes. As for the first two yea that is what I was talking about with the sun because they are a pain to get off when fully dry. The wax some times will not stick right if dries to fast so make sure the keep it out of the sun too.

thanks for your help siver-SI,

Hey streaker666 where in T.O. are you located? and what mods have you done?

i find that it takes a lot of elbow grease for scratch x to work. I used it on half my hood to compare and I really see the difference.
    You really have to work it into the paint then remove.

i-WERKS...elbow grease? How does that work? Could you share with us how you go about doing this? Thanks.

SiR_d1...I'm down in the dumps, Scarborough. And no, haven't got mods on my car yet...since I'll be unemployed as of this Friday (contract ends) and I have to go back to school for another term to finish off my research paper (tuition :'( ) I have to manage my finances carefully. Education sucks money from me like crazy...just an hour ago my school called me that I'll have to pay full-time fees instead of part-time fees this summer, so my original plan of getting Koni's has been shot to death for now...unless I can find a job before the summer ends.

streaker666 i mean really rub the stuff in not like wax where you just cover the surface. Trust me it works great. Just take a look

Thanks i-WERKS...I'll give it a try when the weather becomes nicer outside. so a lot of force with the ScratchX.

Do any of you guys have water spots on your windows? b/c I do and I can't seem to get them off. Do any of you guys know a method of removing them?

Shu Shu retarded flu oogy-boogy's Avatar
    Originally posted by SiR_d1
    Do any of you guys have water spots on your windows? b/c I do and I can't seem to get them off. Do any of you guys know a method of removing them?
    Hit it up with some Clear View spray. Should take care of it and it's also safe on tint.

One small tip for you guys: When waxing, be sure to wax your windows as well. It makes a huge difference on rainy days as the water will bead right off. Also, be sure to use at least 2 coats of wax on your front bumper and headlights. It makes it a lot easier to clean off those nasty dead bugs. You'll be able to just spray them off with your hose instead of scrubbing and messing up the clearcoat.
    Mel

i have a question..let say i am gonna use the meguiar's 3-step and scratch-x.. when do i use scratch-X? before Polish or after Wax??

Originally posted by Accordexcpe95
    i have a question..let say i am gonna use the meguiar's 3-step and scratch-x.. when do i use scratch-X? before Polish or after Wax??
    Scratch-X comes after the wash, before the paint cleaning, polishing, and waxing. Since I believe the Scratch-X is a little more abrasive than the paint cleaner, it seems to make more sense to use the S-X on the paint right after the wash (after you dry the area).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information