Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Custom Box

Custom Box

Does anyone know of any quick custom sub boxes that I could throw together? I haven't seen any yet except for the crazy one's. I was thinking more of something that would just fit against the back of the seats from the trunk. Thanks.

I think you should just go and buy a box. Save time and money.

What kind of system are you running? So we can help you more.

I did that but all the boxes are so big. I am working on the plans for one now that will fit flush with the back of the back seat so that you still have some useable trunk space. I was just actually curious if anyone had already done something like that. I will post pictures once it is done. Thanks

Where is the cat who turned his spare tire well into a speak box i need your specs!

I searched (still searching and cannot find)..

ephatch member
    Well I currently have a decent size box that takes up quite a bit of space but I plan in the future to get one built out of fiber glass to take up a lot less space and when I do I will post some pics.

Does anyone have a shot of their hatch area with nothing in it.

Carpet, spare, jack, all removed, just the metal?

Here's my setup. I know it looks lame, but it works, doesn't move at all. Plus, no holes to drill. Plus, when I want to race I can just lift it out.:D

ephatch member
    Looks good. I am planning on getting the supplies to do a carbon fiber box that I will have attatched with velcro. I am looking at carbon fiber because of its strength to weight ratio plus I think I can build a box that doesn't take up much space and then build an amp rack on the other side of the hatch area so that I have a lot of space for storage.

creator of ephatch DownTheHatch's Avatar
    Is that the 1000watt Sony Xplod? If so, I had that amp and I had nothing but trouble with it, cutting out etc. So I went with the 800 watt monoblock and I have wayy more power. I'm pushing 2 JBL 10's and they are ungodly loud. My box isn't strapped down, but its so big that it doesnt move :)

hey rey what are the straps holding it to?

Hey sniperSI.......This is in regards to my system setup in the link you proveded. Here are my specs for one 10" sub that required 1.1ft3 of internal space. Length 18 1/2
    Width 17 1/2
    Height 7 1/4
    The wood is 3/4" thick so that gives you an internal space of 17.75 x 16.75 x 6.5. I used the formula L x W x H divided by 1728(12x12x12). This gave me an internal volume of 1.11 cubic ft. Next to the box on each side are 2 amp racks. The specs are: 18.5 x 11 x 4
    If you want to use this setup keep in mind that your speakers probably will require a different enclosure space. This setup is also for a ported setup and if you decide to go sealed then you will have a lot more room to work with. If your going with 2 speakers then it will be very difficult to make evrything fit nicely due to the shape of the trunk. The floor would have to be raised about 10" probably. Good luck in your setup.

Originally posted by civicpimp
    Hey sniperSI.......This is in regards to my system setup in the link you proveded. Here are my specs for one 10" sub that required 1.1ft3 of internal space. Length 18 1/2
    Width 17 1/2
    Height 7 1/4
    The wood is 3/4" thick so that gives you an internal space of 17.75 x 16.75 x 6.5. I used the formula L x W x H divided by 1728(12x12x12). This gave me an internal volume of 1.11 cubic ft. Next to the box on each side are 2 amp racks. The specs are: 18.5 x 11 x 4
    If you want to use this setup keep in mind that your speakers probably will require a different enclosure space. This setup is also for a ported setup and if you decide to go sealed then you will have a lot more room to work with. If your going with 2 speakers then it will be very difficult to make evrything fit nicely due to the shape of the trunk. The floor would have to be raised about 10" probably. Good luck in your setup.

I JUST Finished it today, Ill send some pics, Its enclosed and i feel like such a tool but i had to sacrifice some range for some space, but it hits hard /; anyways it looks good and the hatch floor is now flush with the jam where the hatch closes onto, pics soon

Sounds good. Sorry I didn't get you those specs sooner. I know they don't help you now. I've been all over the place in the last 2 weeks and haven't had time to dig up the specs. Hopefully those specs will at least help someone.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information