Close

ephatch member

The legend of the 2002 Si

[an automotve article from the future, 2032]

"The Honda 2002 Si has an interesting place in automotive history. When it first came out, it was derided for its "minivan" appearance. Because it sales figures were low, Honda quickly replaced the three- door hatch design with a more popular coupe model.

But even the 02's detractors could not deny that the little "roadmobile" was quick, powerful, exciting and fun right out of the dealer's parking lot.

The most interesting thing about the 02 Si however, was that the car remained as exciting and fun and reliable after 10,000 miles as it was on the first day of purchase. And after 20,000 miles. And after 50,000 miles. And after 200,000 miles the quick, powerful hatch remained as faithful to its owners as its owners were to it.

Ironically, this little road rocket is now acclaimed as one of the most beautiful designs in car history and has taken its place with the greatest automotive classics of all time.

Vintage buffs are pleading with Honda to bring the car back in some form, but Honda has "no plans" to resurrect the 2002 design."

reprinted from Road and Driver, 2032
    Last edited by snubnose; 08-01-2002 at 02:28 AM.

[taken from same holomagazine]

"In related news, the Honda Civic GRTX-2201 Space cruiser has made it's debut to take charge of the ever growing popularity of the 'mini-sled'; a hot rod version of the now infamous Accord NCC family sedan.

The new GRTX is much smaller than the Accord but packs a viscious array of power features and all the creature comforts possible including neuro-AC, softstasis
    Last edited by iR-VTEC2; 08-01-2002 at 05:00 AM.

Mmm, should I move this to Unrelated since it is pure fiction.

Regardless, it is a funny read.

HeHe...interesting read!

Snubnose, Thaks for the great read! I enjoy your posts'!

ephatch member
    Thanks guys, I really do feel that way about our car. I'm reading a lot of material at other cars' message boards, cars that are more expensive than ours. These cars are supposed to be better, but their owners are very unhappy.

These owners are saying they have been very disappointed, that they are ready to sell their brand new cars because of shifting problems, rattles, etc.

crap and to think I was all into the article until I got towards the end. hehe:p

Cool

[QUOTE]Originally posted by iR-VTEC2
    [B][taken from same holomagazine]

"In related news, the Honda Civic GRTX-2201 Space cruiser has made it's debut to take charge of the ever growing popularity of the 'mini-sled'; a hot rod version of the now infamous Accord NCC family sedan.

The new GRTX is much smaller than the Accord but packs a viscious array of power features and all the creature comforts possible including neuro-AC, softstasis

sales were low in 2002 and they still made 03,04, and 05 =)

The A55M4Ns in town! skoundrelusa's Avatar
    Too bad they didn't make an SIR model or something like that with an K20A2. Sales would've went through the roof

Quote Originally Posted by Unknownally View Post
    sales were low in 2002 and they still made 03,04, and 05 =)
    You do realize you've bumped a thread from 2002, right?

Thread Information