Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DIRTY thieves!!

DIRTY thieves!!

I am sooooo pissed off and have to vent...sorry...i'm sure some of you have been through it. I bought and installed a set of oem splash guards on my car this past saturday...was gone all weekend and worked yesterday (Monday). I wake up this morning...got a good nights rest, was feelin' good....then walked out to my car to go to work...Just to find that someone has stolen all 4 of my recently put on splash guards. They didn't take the time to unscrew them (of course) and I guess decided to just yank them off. My front passenger side fender was hanging a bit loose cause they tore half of the wheel well out in the process of robbing me. Bent the parts of the rear bumper where the splash guards screw in. So all the screws to where they mount are still there...they just ripped em off!! I am irritated beyond belief! So...do I buy another pair to cover up the damage they did to the rear bumper just to have them stolen again....it just makes me not want to buy anything for my car ever again...it is always petty little things that people steal from my ride that are kinda expensive to replace...like the antenna...that just happened not too long ago...Sorry for the long post...just had to let it out.

I want a big block! thechromecoyote's Avatar
    sorry to hear that dude thieves are the worst.

Similar thing happened to me within a week of owning the car. Drove it home from the dealer with spashguards, didnt have them by the time I was done with work after 4 days of ownership. At least they were nice enough to uninstall them properly, so there was no damage.

May wind Oct. rain
    I think someone doesn't like you and is messing with you.

no, everyone asks if I have enemies and what not....There is not a person that I could think of that would do that...I'm a real mellow person who gets along w/ just about anyone..

damn man that sucks...

maybe get an alarm system that has the tilt sensor and the shock sensor (or whatever it is that senses when the car is being shaken, hit, vibrated, etc.).
    damnit i cant think of the word....

anywho it would probably help if they tried to rip them off again (that would cause quite a jar on the car), it would set off the alarm.

What an odd thing to steal. Sorry to hear about it.

May wind Oct. rain
    Quote Originally Posted by illbert View Post
    no, everyone asks if I have enemies and what not....There is not a person that I could think of that would do that...I'm a real mellow person who gets along w/ just about anyone..
    besides the fact that they probably hate your car for no apparent reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Windchaser View Post
    I think someone doesn't like you and is messing with you.
    Gotta agree here, it makes no sense for them to rip off the splashguards, especially if the thieves wanted to resell or install them on their car. Then again, it could just be some punk kids that have nothing better to do.

That sucks, hope you find the bastards!

Ya...that is a stupid thing to steal...especially when they ripped them out...they probably won't even be able to mount them on their car and end up throwing them away...Ya I am for sure going to invest in an alarm w/ the shock sensor!

Ya...I don't know...I live by a high school and there are alot of kids that roll by in their older model civics/riced to the max civics/tegs and stare. I am almost sure it is just some kid causing trouble or someone who thinks its gonna fit on their 89 civic hatch w/ 2 diff. colored bumpers and z3 fenders...

I feel your pain man. I was coming out of work a couple months ago and saw a couple kids trying to pry off my Rear SI badge with a Flat head!! i could have killed those damn kids with no remorse!!

ephatch member
    That is kind of weird to steal...

Yeah...I am beyond pissed...I was able to fix the wheel well (screw it back in) and the rear bumper where they pulled it out.

In good news...I found a paint/body shop that is going to redo my carbon fiber hood...it's oxidized and the gel coat came off...he's gonna sand it down and spray it w/ a good clearcoat for $80..seems like a good deal to me, I saw a hood he did and it looks better/shinier than brand new, so something good did happen today!

where in norcal are you? But I would have to agree that you have a hater...

I am in Modesto

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information