Close

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    FailureToStart
    1. Yes, my name is dedicated to the innumerous GM cars that cease to operate on their owners on a daily basis.

2. An amplifier is a transformer, I do not understand how you can reason otherwise. When you change voltage, you change current. They correlate, as seen in your physics book, A = V/R ...or Current (Amperes) = Voltage/Resistance (Ohms). When you change one of the two on the right side you change the net effect. So in essence, changing the voltage (or resistance for that matter) changes current. But you are right in reiterating the obvious; transformers change voltage.

3. Weld in AC mode??? Are you talking about an arc welder? Well in this instance we are not welding. So for all practical purposes, the waves are sinusoidal as said; both the crest and amplitude are of equal distance from the node.

4. Depending on how it's wired, a capacitor can give a resistor (and fuse) like effect. Series circuits in action kemosabe. Prototype repeat after me...prototype. This was a product of boredom and fun. There is much left to be discovered.

5. The shocks are much like lightning rods...tall long grounds. Nothing brings the energy closer to the ground than the shocks.

I conclude my pontification with this: before you try to insult my invention or attempt to educate me in what I already know, you might consider learning how to spell. Pursue has only a single "e." Do not take any of it to heart.

ephatch member
    The intake piping for the Comptech is at the bottom of the skirting (or there abouts), which is probably for ease of install and manufacture. I would have thought that the best air to be had would be from the large opening by the battery behind the panel (generally where a lot of the CAI's go)

If you use it like a SRI and remove the "snorkel", wouldn't you be negating the power increases to be had by this product? At least the difference between regular SRI and CAI's? Out of all the CAI's, doesn't the Comptech have the least chance of sucking in a damaging amount of water? Actually, the ability to remove the "snorkel" during winter (for all us northerners), is actually a great feature...

My opinions... what do you think?

And I don't mean your thoughts on conduction, amplification or pontification. Start a new link for those.

I would say if you got rid of the snorkel, youd have about the same as using a hondata-modded stock box without snorkel.

I believe there is a small outfit in Florida developing a "comptech-style" down-tube for the stock box already, but the planned price ($100) will be too much for a tube.

When comptech puts out a dyno, I'll look into making one or not.

Hey, I thought we were gonna take this out of this thread? Go start another thread about it and let other Ephatch members in on this. Then I will pick apart you previous reply too. And good try with the typo insult. :'(

that's what FailureToStart does, throw in a "queer" or typo insult when he has nothing better to say ... it's really quite mature.

but back to the topic ... as with any CAI, you'd have to be at WOT to create any kind of vacuum powerful enough to suck up water. i also like the OEM look, and the plastic material they use will not heat up the way the metal on the AEM or Injen intakes ... thus heating the air your drawing into the engine.

I've been kicking the metal-vs-plastic thing around for a while in my head.

The metal obviously absorbs more heat from its environment, and seems to "release" it into the air faster too, but it should only have time to release it to the inside air when its flowing rather slowly.

I think that when you git on it, the fresh air takes very little time to travel from the inlet filter to the T-B, probably not enough time to raise in temperature due to soaking heat from the tube itself.

However, when you are idling the air might have more time to soak heat from the tube, meaning your "first big gulp" could be hotter.

One of the places where the air would theoretically soak up heat is the filter itself, where there is the most physical contact on the smallest level...and the filter would get heat from a hot tube attached to it... so metal could be a bad thing...

I think the ideal intake is going to have a combination of a cool, fresh air source, and a quick, straight trip to the TB, and a design that keeps the filter from physical heat soak if possible.

but Im just postualting...

good point, BlasTech ... now you've got my gears turning

ephatch member
    I think that the battery is taking up valuable room in the engine compartment... where the filter assembly could be with basically no bends in the pipe between it and the throttle body, and with easy access to cool air from either the factory hole through to the fender area or somewhere up front in the bumper area and away from the rad. Relocating the battery may be an option...

FailureToStart
    I'm considering moving the battery to where the spare tire sat for better weight balance. The cavity left behind where it used to be will give ample room for my HID's excess wiring.

Same here, and I want to make a custom enclosure that will blend with the back, and a new cargo tray that will work with it.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information