Close

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    ...phone's ringin' Dude.. 02TafWhtSi's Avatar
    Originally posted by IchBinEinSiR
    Hydrolock generally occurs as a result of the filter being emersed in water, or being directly bombarded by spray droplets, something that CAI's that are open to the underbody of the car can be susceptable to. The Icebox keeps the filter high up inside the engine bay, enclosed, with only a length of intake piping taking air from the outside. This should expose the filter to only negligable amounts of direct water droplet contact.
    and where does this intake piping lead to / where is it placed?

ephatch member
    Initial photos show it coming from under the car, basically turn 90 degrees from the stock housings intake, and go down...

FailureToStart
    Okay why are we obsessing about this overpriced piece of plastic? You know guys, the stock box was really well designed and hard to beat. With a new filter and hose you can see a lot more bang for the buck.

ephatch member
    I know this will probably piss off a lot of you but whats the big freakin deal about the stupid comptech icebox??? if it's anythin like the stock airbix it's fugly and doens't make any noise... how much more hp can that stupid piece of plastic everyones been rantin and ravin about since this board has been up have over a cai or any other intake out there, it's all about the name, dayum!

ephatch member
    Perhaps we can all refer to the article in the May 2003 issue of Import Tuner, where the VERY similar RSX Type-S stock box is compared to a few SRI and CAI. A flow bench was also performed, and all the tests indicated that the stock air box is a significant obstruction. What I (and a WHOLE lot of other people) am hoping for from CompTech's IceBox is the gains of a CAI combined with the ease of filter access and install of a SRI, and the filter/engine protection of the stock box. All viable, good reasons to be interested in this intake. It also doesn't hurt that it looks stock, an important aspect with the kind of strict emissions inspections that we have now... that include the inspection of underhood emission parts, and I am sure that the fugly black box will go unnoticed compared to the bright red (sub any colour) of any other intake out there.

And your not pissing anyone off, this is a forum, and everyone has their opinion. Go to Hondata's web site, and check out their stock air box mod: www.hondata.com/kseriesairboxmod.html
    Looks interesting, and if anyone can prove that this mod, along with the addition of a longer/larger hose from outside the engine compartment makes horsepower close to the CAI's out there, then MAYBE we'll stop posting Comptech...

Originally posted by JruSi02
    ... and doens't make any noise...
    That's exactly one of the reasons I'm so interested in this.

ephatch member
    no one really buys an intake to "get great gains" everyone does it for the sound

ephatch member
    no one really buys an intake to "get great gains" everyone does it for the sound

I can't agree...

ssvr6
    That's the dumbest fucking thing I've ever read. In fact, I feel dumber having read it.

Steve

Pimpin' the News Van Jaws Of Death's Avatar
    Originally posted by ssvr6

That's the dumbest fucking thing I've ever read. In fact, I feel dumber having read it.

Steve
    I couldn't agree more.

Originally posted by ssvr6

Steve
    ditto!

ephatch member
    ok many of the people who buy an intake alone and dont plan on gettin header and exhaust to build on eachother buy it mostly for the sound, cause intake alone doens't do much thats what i meant, they dont buy it for the few hp gains alone

ok many of the people who buy an intake alone and dont plan on gettin header and exhaust to build on eachother buy it mostly for the sound, cause intake alone doens't do much thats what i meant, they dont buy it for the few hp gains alone
    okay, can you tell me who most of these people are??? I haven't seen any on ephatch...please enlighten me. I had a short ram intake, hp header, and plan on getting a 2.25" mid pipe done as soon as I get back to the states...so that puts me out of the most of the people you are talking about

people buy intakes for cheap horsepower

people buy mufflers to make noise

Last edited by BlasTech; 04-20-2003 at 12:07 PM.

Originally posted by BlasTech
    people buy intakes for cheap horsepower

people buy mufflers to make noise

LOL! :D

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information