Close

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    FailureToStart
    Not necessarily...I am amending it to Webster's Dictionary since there's a lack of anything otherwise synonymous.

Originally posted by FailureToStart
    I like your insight...hundreds of dollars barely get you that many horses, if any. Most people aren't bright enough to realize that, let alone know how to install them.

As far as intakes go for customizing. Yes and no. I had an AEM CAI for awhile. The tube alone was bent towards the bumper and difficult to see. As far as the filter...forget it; it was too far down and underneath the headlight to be visible.

I'll admit if you're going to get any kind of intake this is the only thing that'll beat the stock one. And really only at high RPM. I took my CAI off when it started raining and put the stock box on, felt a lot more torqueful.
    so you're comparing your CAI with your butt dyno
    I actually will never get the AEM CAI, as I didn't like the idea of it go striaght down near the radiator and getting more heat. Whatever, I can't get through to you :angel:

Yeah, if you put your hand down in there when the radiator fan kicks on, you'll notice that the air is HELLA HOT.

FailureToStart
    Yeah, that probably explains why I didn't feel much of anything when I put it on. But I sure felt a lot coming back when I went back to the stock intake. ;)

Well the air near the radiator fan isn't as bad as the air coming from the exhaust manifold.

Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB

Whatever, I can't get through to you :angel:
    werd ... please go flame somewhere else, failuretostart

FailureToStart
    Get a life queer.
    Last edited by FailureToStart; 04-22-2003 at 08:45 PM.

Get a life queer.
    oh no! you didn't just tell him that did you! man you got him good! Way to go, say, are you going to lunch after pre-algebra class? I think we should meet up, I hate this, I can't wait to graduate!

FailureToStart
    Awww how cute, he was sticking up for you and now you are doing the same.

Awww how cute, he was sticking up for you and now you are doing the same.
    you wouldn't happen to also be known as: FascistDictator

you're cat and attitude seem familiar....

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...&threadid=7848

ephatch member
    I have contacted both CompTech and the dealer I know, trying to push them on and get some answers. I will let everyone know what I find out. It's getting a little long... after all, they have that interactive 3D intake to play with online, why don't they have this thing out yet?

Oh, and so everyone can still tell what we are actually talking about on this thread:

Get a life queer.
    way to show the maturity. congratulations on your graduation from third grade

and, yes, the icebox wait is getting to be a bit long. but it seems like it'll be worth the wait. keep us posted if you hear anything, IchBinEinSiR

Canuck
    Originally posted by IchBinEinSiR
    I have contacted both CompTech and the dealer I know, trying to push them on and get some answers. I will let everyone know what I find out. It's getting a little long... after all, they have that interactive 3D intake to play with online, why don't they have this thing out yet?

Oh, and so everyone can still tell what we are actually talking about on this thread:
    I desperately need to have the Comptech Icebox installed in my car before June 21st, so I need to get my hands on one of the first batch available. My first track event is on June 23rd and I need to be sucking all the cold air I can get that day. This hot underhood air wont cut it at the track in hot humid weather. So any info you get on a definite date would be helpful for me.

thanks man ! :)

Originally posted by IchBinEinSiR

yeah, I looked at the 3d imaging they have, looks like a good product.

Ditto,
    i want that icebox ASAP.

does anyone even have an idea of how much its going to cost??

ephatch member
    Well, I am hoping that the IceBox comes in close to their other Civic intakes, around $260ish... it better be good though... I will let you guys know as soon as possible. But I have to hear from them first!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information