Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Moderator=>PM 4 Help MugenReplica's Avatar
    Just have to bump this for a pioneer of Ephatch's community today and to show all the newer members what can be done with a set of K20a3 cams. Albeit these are custom, their specs are in between the Skunk2 Stage I and Skunk2's K20a3 Stage II cams from what I have gathered (although I could be wrong).

What reminded me was I am going to help a local install some Skunk2 Stage I cams and he asked me if it was worth it. I explained to him about chunky's Raz cams and what was done with them. Afterwards I realized that the threads had all be lost to history and the "Great Hatch Crash" of 2008.

So I thought I'd rebuild the thread to show members on here that K20a3 cams produce a good amount of power and can make your car quicker than you imagine with just simple cams & tuning.

*Just remember all this was done with a shorty header, imagine what I race header can do for you.

my old k20a3 with race header and 2.25" exhaust and skunk2 stage 3 cams made 196hp and 141tq, not that bad out of the little a3

Quote Originally Posted by RHCP0801 View Post
    my old k20a3 with race header and 2.25" exhaust and skunk2 stage 3 cams made 196hp and 141tq, not that bad out of the little a3
    Yea, yours was quite nice!! What exactly happened to it if you don't mind me asking?

Whatever happened to Kyle (aka Carbon Fiber Desire)? I know he has a different screen name and is on clubrsx, but I never see him around here anymore....

tuner told me not to change the tensioner because he modifies it himself

i was all ready to buy the hybrid racing or skunk2 tensioner but he insisted on not getting it

1000 miles later or so his "modified" one failed while leaving a stop sign in second gear and driving like a grandma

this happened

its not the first time i have heard bad things from this guy but sadly i heard all the bad things AFTER i got it tuned

Quote Originally Posted by RHCP0801 View Post
    tuner told me not to change the tensioner because he modifies it himself

i was all ready to buy the hybrid racing or skunk2 tensioner but he insisted on not getting it

1000 miles later or so his "modified" one failed while leaving a stop sign in second gear and driving like a grandma

this happened

its not the first time i have heard bad things from this guy but sadly i heard all the bad things AFTER i got it tuned
    Ouch.....sorry to hear that....I have a spare K20a3 and spare K20a2 sitting in my house because of such "tuner" issues. I bought Chunky's modified tensioner with a brand new timing chain about 20k ago and have yet to have any issues with my 141k miles 9psi JRSC K20z1/K20a3 hybrid. Do you still have your dyno?

still riding on the only Raz's F/I A3 Cams...

unfortunately, i think Raz gave up on me...

lol
    EPHATCH.COM 4 LYFE!! OFF THA CHAIN KREW #1

udontknowjack's mom was here....twice!

UPDATED SITE INFO!

Want to become a Site Sponsor? Click Here!

PM for HELP!!

Quote Originally Posted by MugenReplica View Post
    Ouch.....sorry to hear that....I have a spare K20a3 and spare K20a2 sitting in my house because of such "tuner" issues. I bought Chunky's modified tensioner with a brand new timing chain about 20k ago and have yet to have any issues with my 141k miles 9psi JRSC K20z1/K20a3 hybrid. Do you still have your dyno?
    yea right here, a picture of the screen lol

and a link to the thread i made
    http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthr...age-3-cams-etc....

WoW! Thats why i no longer use aftermarket cams! The few extra hp just aint worth the risk to me... OEM all the way!

Impressive numbers for such 'low' compression though...

Little bump for all those guys still stuck with the K20a3....

Go buy some K20a3/K24a4/K24a1 Skunk2 or Brian Crower cams, or do a nice VTEC killer setup using Z1/a2/a cams and enjoy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information