Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    A better photochop:

This will require no alterations to the vehicle, or the original air box. :)
    Last edited by BlasTech; 05-10-2003 at 03:45 PM.

UPDATE:

I met Tuan from temple of v-tec ( http://www.vtec.net/ ) this weekend at autocross, and he is interested in how the project turns out, maybe an article or something will come out of it.

On antoher note, if Im not happy with the results on this one I could set out to do a battery relocation and one of these:

can't wait to see how this turns out.

now that you've added blue to your twiddler, you should add a few more wheel choices;) :D

Originally posted by Suk02Si
    can't wait to see how this turns out.

now that you've added blue to your twiddler, you should add a few more wheel choices;) :D
    Circuit 8's are coming soon, so are Heliums.

wheels

Gotta add the CTR/FP wheel too

This intake system is still under development, but I've been carefully following the Comptech Icebox results, and reports from other intake DIY-ers.

Right now the main tube with a branch is done, and the box model is made. Im perfecting the tube with layers of epoxy and sanding, but overall taking my time.

Today I did something a little different, and so far, its a pretty good result:

Plugging the first branch with silicone:

It looks messy on the top, but the inside is smoothed to the contours of the tube, since I used tape inside, then removed it after the silicone dried.

You'll also notice that I took the ribs out in the main chamber as hondata recommends.

Additionally, I've replaced the main intake snorkel (located by the battery) with this home-made metal intake mouth, that peeks just over the radiator where the grill is:

I flared the mouth out even more, and wrapped it up in a jacket of insulating material, to help keep the radiator and hose heat out.

So far, I havent been able to consistently test it out, but I got my best 0-60 yet with it.

My goal is to not lose low end torque, my inspiration was the autospeed article about eliminating negative boost: http://www.autospeed.com/cms/article.html?&A=0629

Blastech - good deal. Now, it would be interesting to see with your setup, if you can run the exact same thing but with the hole unplugged. Unfortunately, you epoxy-ed it :(

Now, are you willing to cut out the dividing walls as well ala Hondata? And finally gutting the entire box too?

Any tips you can provide on removing the stock intake snorkel? I know it is attached via bolts near the radiator, but even after taking the bolts off, it seem difficult to take it off since the space is so tight. Heck, even after removing the stock intake cover 4 times now, it is still difficult for me.

I sealed it with silicone caulk, and its a flexible material that I could push out with my hands, I did have the intake snorkel on the week before, but didnt do any real tests, just gut feelings and temperature taking--> it does get warm during idle, but once you get rolling it gets cooled down almost immediately to ambient temp, so metal is a good thing in that spot.

About removing the snorkel: First off, its next to impossible to remove this with the battery in, so remove the battery first. Now, remove the bolt from the snorkel and put it somewhere, next, the two nuts that are on the chassis. after that, the mounting piece can be removed by pulling and flipping it upwards. There is a bundle of wires running through there, in a plastic minder tube, but it doesnt break, it just is in the way, and out of view...you just have to work it out. The plastic end just "pops" off the rubber tube that connects to the box. dont worry if you pop the rubber tube off, it goes back on pretty easily.

Im super interested in what you guy are doing. Just wanted to throw in my two cents. The stock snorkel that gets air from the grille seems to be the most restrictive part of our intake. I took that snorkel off and put a K$N in the stock intake box. I also drilled some large holes all around the box and its resonating compartments to relieve any back pressure.Seems to be a nice little gain, maybe equivilant to a SRI.
    Did you mod the snorkel or is it stock? Looks like development of a quality intake.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information